CGHS Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 13th January, 2022
Sub: Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines- Special Sanction in view of COVID-19- till 30th April 2022- regarding
In view of the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19), all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. In this regard the undersigned is directed to draw attention is the OM of even number dated 27.03.2020, 29.04.2020, 29.05.2020 , 24th August 2020, 30th September 2020, 29.12.2020 and 15.04.2021 and 10.08.2021 vide which an option has been provided to CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases , to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers / CGHS Specialists /other Govt. Specialists/ Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 31st October 2021, irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. However, several representations are received in the Ministry seeking extension of the period in view of the COVID-19 Pandemic and resurgence of active cases.
3. The matter has been reviewed by the Ministry and it is now decided, that CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases shall be permitted to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/CGHS Specialists /other Govt. Specialists/ Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 30th April, 2022 on the same conditions as per the earlier OM dated 27.03.2020. It is also clarified that the CGHS Wellness Centres are functional and CGHS beneficiaries also have the option to collect medicines through CGHS Wellness Centres as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market. This order is valid from the date of issue.
4. Issued with the approval of Integrated Finance Division, MoHFW vide CD No.2576 dated 13.01.2022
(Dr. Alka Ahuja )
Related to Your Search:
- Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 – till 31st July 2020
- CGHS – Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 till 31st December 2020
- Reimbursement of OPD Medicines Special Sanction in view of COVID-19
- CGHS: Issue of Medicines prescribed by Specialists beyond the period
- ECHS SPECIAL SANCTION IN LIGHT OF COVID-19 AMENDMENT FOR MEDICAL REIMBURSEMENT
- ECHS – CLAIM REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDICINES SPECIAL SANCTION IN VIEW OF COVID-19 till 30 April 2020
- Medicines reimbursement – Special Sanction until July 31, 2021 in light of Covid-19: ECHS
- ECHS latest circular – Special Sanction for Reimbursement of cost of Medicine
- Medicines under CGHS can be issued for up to 3 months at a time in chronic diseases – Amendment CGHS Order on 21.10.2014