CGHS Hospitals under surveillance by the aegis of CGHS Officer to check irregularities including exploitation of patients
While replying to a question in Parliament today, Minster of Health & Family Welfare Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda said that to ensure that the terms and conditions of the Memorandum of Agreement are followed scrupulously by the empanelled hospitals, a monitoring cell under the aegis of a senior officer of CGHS has been established to check irregularities including exploitation of patients”,
Treatment by CGHS empanelled hospitals in emergency cases
Recently, the Government has amended the terms and conditions for empanelment of private hospital under the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS). Now, the hospitals are empanelled as a whole, meaning that all facilities available in the hospital would be provided to CGHS beneficiaries. Disease – specific empanelment has now been stopped.
To ensure that the terms and conditions of the Memorandum of Agreement are followed scrupulously by the empanelled hospitals, a monitoring cell under the aegis of a senior officer of CGHS has been established to check irregularities including exploitation of patients. There are provisions in the MoA including issue of Show Cause Notice, issue of warning, recovery of amount charged illegally from the beneficiaries, also confiscation of part or whole of PBG (Performance Bank Guarantee), and ultimately removal from the CGHS list, that can be resorted to in appropriate cases
Related to Your Search:
- CGHS: Cashless facility to CGHS Benficiaries
- CGHS Orders 2013 – Suspension of empanelment of ‘Saket City Hospital, New Delhi’ from the list of Hospitals / Centres empanelled under CGHS – reg.
- Continuation of empanelment of private hospitals, diagnostic laboratories and imaging centres under CGHS and revalidation of CGHS package rates – regarding
- CGHS: Additional List of Private Hospitals in Delhi & NCR
- List of Private Hospitals Removed from Empanelled under CGHS
- CGHS : Extension of Empanelment of AYUSH Hospitals/Centers under CGHS and CS (MA) Rules for Ayurveda, Unani and yoga & Naturopathy treatments/Procedures till 15.12.2017
- CGHS Orders : Empanelment of private hospitals (including denial clinics and eye centres) and diagnostic centres under CGHS DELHI & NCR
- New updated list of Private Hospitals empanelled under CGHS in New Delhi and NCR – CGHS Orders April 2013
- Emergency treatment in Central Government Health Scheme CGHS empanelled Hospitals