Adding the Second Wife’s Name to the CGHS Pensioner Card
Z.15025/ 10/ 2020/ DIR/ CGHS
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of Central Govt. Health Scheme
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi,
Sub: Inclusion of second wife’s name in CGHS pensioner card-regarding.
Kind reference is invited to your email dated 3.2.2021 vide which clarification of this Directorate regarding subject matter was sought.
2. In this regard the undersigned is directed to request you to follow the procedure as enumerated under the Rule 18 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 for endorsement of family pension entitlement of post retiral spouse in the Pension Payment Order of Central Government Civil Pensioners as given below:
- (i) As and when a pensioner marries or re-marries after retirement he shall intimate the event to the Head of Office who processed his pension papers at the time of his retirement. He shall also furnish along with his application an attested copy of the marriage certificate from Registrar/ Gram Panchayat/ District Magistrate in respect of his post-retirement marriage.
- (ii) The Head of Office on receipt of the application mentioned above and after due verification where necessary, forward the papers to the concerned Pay & Accounts Officer for the issue of Corrigendum PPO. While forwarding the papers to the Pay & Accounts Officer, the provisions of clause (b) of sub-rule (7) of Rule 54 of the CCS (Pension) Rules 1972 shall be kept in mind. When the pensioner does not have any child or children from his previous marriage, if any, the post-retiral spouse shall be eligible for a full family pension. Where the pensioner has any eligible child or children from another wife who is not alive, the family pension to the post-retiral spouse and the child/ children from the previous marriage will be authorized in terms of clause (b) of sub-rule (7) of Rule 54 ibid.
- (iii) The Corrigendum PPO shall be forwarded by the Pay & Accounts Office to the concerned pension disbursing authority through the Central Pension Accounting Office. A copy of Corrigendum PPO shall also be endorsed to the pensioner.
- (iv) As far as children, including those born after retirement, are concerned, a fresh PPO will be issued as and when the turn of each child for receipt of family pension is reached as at present.
3. To verify the genuineness of the marriage claim by the pensioner seeking CGHS facilities for his second wife, a corrigendum PPO may be demanded from the pensioner issued as per Rule 18 of CCS (pension) Rules 1972.
This issue with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(Dr. G D Paliya)
Addl. Dy. Dir. General (HQ)
Yes. Under the Rule 18 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 for endorsement of family pension entitlement of post retiral spouse in the Pension Payment Order of Central Government Civil Pensioners
Yes. If the pensioner does not have any child or children from his previous marriage, if any, the post-retiral spouse shall be eligible for a full family pension
Related to Your Search:
- Eligibility of children from a void or voidable marriage for family pension – clarification regarding
- How to apply for granting family pension on the death of Government servant, pensioner, family pensioner
- Revision of the limitations for a child in connection with both parents after the 7th CPC with two family pensions
- Guidelines and instructions in the case of Husband and Wife both working for Central Government
- CPAO’s Instructions: Simplification of pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent parents
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Family Pension by Pensioner Portal
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Simplification of pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent patients – instructions reg
- Eligibility of widowed/divorced daughters for grant of family pension – clarification reg
- Family pension is payable to the unmarried/ widowed/ divorced daughter until she gets married or remarried or until she starts earning