CGHS – Enhancement of Financial Powers of HoD from Rs. 2 Lakhs to Rs. 5 Lakhs
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: the 23 November, 2016
Subject: Delegation of powers to Heads of Departments in various Ministries/Departments for settling permission cases and post facto approval relating to referral system and medical reimbursement under CGHS – Enhancement of ceiling rate from Rs. 2 Lakhs to Rs. 5 Lakhs without consultation of IFD of concerned Ministry – Reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s OM No. S.12020/4/97-CGHS (P), dated 27.12.2006 and its clarification issued vide this Ministry’s OM No. S.11011/20/2014-CGHS (P), dated 20.06.2014, wherein financial powers were delegated to the Heads of Departments/Ministries to settle all such cases where there is no relaxation of rules involved and admissibility of claim was worked out with reference to the CGHS approved rate list and guidelines.
2. This Ministry has been receiving requests from different Ministries/Departments for enhancement of delegation of financial powers to Head of Departments to settle medical claims/medical advance cases involving financial implications upto Rs. 5 Lakhs without referring the case to Internal Finance Division (IFD).
3. The matter regarding enhancement of delegation of financial powers to the Heads of Departments/Ministries has been examined in this Ministry and it has been decided with the approval of the competent authority to enhance the existing limit of Rs. 2 Lakhs to Rs. 5 Lakhs to settle all cases where there is no relaxation of rules and the entitlement was worked out with reference to the rate list prescribed.
In respect of cases involving payment exceeding Rs. 5,00,000/- (Rupees 5 Lakhs only) but as per the prescribed rate list, the concerned Departments/Ministries may settle such cases in consultation with their respective Internal Finance Division. Only in those cases where the settled scheme/rules are required to be relaxed, should the case be referred to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
4. This issue with concurrence of Internal Finance Division vide FTS No. 91725, dated 01.11.2016.
(Sunil Kumar Gupta)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
(Tel 2306 1986)
Related to Your Search:
- Treatment availed in emergency circumstances – CGHS Orders
- Delegation of powers to Financial Advisers of administrative Ministry/ Department to accord exemption for air travel in airlines other than Mr India in individual cases of autonomous bodies
- Delegation of powers for settlement of reimbursement claims/Permissions ex-post-facto approval in respect of Pensioner CGHS beneficiaries, etc
- Enhancement of monetary ceiling for issue of sanction of medical claims – Confederation
- Delegation of Financial Powers to Chief General Manager (CGM), Parcel Directorate equal to Head of Circle (HoC)
- Enhancement of powers to Assistant Accounts Officer (Group B) in DAD
- Revision of Financial powers to Heads of circles – DOP
- Extension of Deputation Tenure up to seven years
- Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to Pensioners enhanced from Rs.300 to Rs.500: Pensioners Portal Order