CGHS: COMPUTERISATION IN CGHS
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO 1691
ANSWERED ON 16.08.2013
COMPUTERIZATION IN CGHS
1691. Shri RAJAGOPAL LAGADAPATI
Will the Minister of HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE be pleased to state:-
(a) whether all the allopathy and AYUSH dispensaries/hospitals under Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) in the country have been Computerized
(b) if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor, dispensary/hospital wise;
(c) the time by which the remaining dispensaries/hospitals are likely to be computerized;
(d) whether the beneficiaries can avail the facilities of CGHS from anywhere in the country;
(e) if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor; and
(f) the corrective steps taken/being taken by the Government in this regard?
THE MINISTER OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE (SHRI GHULAM NABI AZAD)
(a) to (c): All allopathic dispensaries in the country except the one in Jammu have been computerized. 26 out of 32 AYUSH dispensaries/units in Delhi NCR have been computerized. AYUSH dispensaries / units in outside cities have not been computerized. 19 P & T dispensaries in 12 cities, which have been taken over recently by CGHS w.e.f. 01.08.2013, are also not computerized. The 4 CGHS hospitals (all in Delhi) have also not been computerized. No time frame can be given at this stage.
The reasons for non- computerizations:-
# Allopathic and AYUSH dispensaries outside Delhi NCR and CGHS hospitals were not included when the current computerization process was initiated.
# 6 AYUSH dispensaries in Delhi NCR- two Ayurvedic dispensaries/units at Kidwai Nagar and Gurgaon are under shifting. Computers in two Unani dispensaries/units at Naraina and South Avenue have not become functional for want of pharmacists. Two other units, i.e., Ayurvedic dispensary/unit at R.K. Puram, Sector- 12 and Unani dispensary/unit at Shahdara require some additional infrastructure/work for computerization.
(d) to (f): After computerization, the CGHS dispensaries are web connected and beneficiaries can avail medical consultation and medicines from any CGHS Wellness Centre/Dispensary across the country.
Related to Your Search:
- Criteria for Setting up CGHS Dispensaries/Hospitals
- Criteria fixed for setting up a Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) dispensary
- Revised Timings for CGHS Wellness Centres
- CGHS Ayurvedic dispensaries – Exclusive State wise report
- Poor Condition of CGHS Dispensaries – Lok Sabha Q&A
- Transparency services provided to the CGHS beneficiaries – Guidelines issued by DG of CGHS
- CGHS : Extension of Empanelment of AYUSH Hospitals/Centers under CGHS and CS (MA) Rules for Ayurveda, Unani and yoga & Naturopathy treatments/Procedures till 15.12.2017
- CGHS Dispensaries/Wellness Centres
- Dental Clinics in CGHS Dispensaries