DISCUSSION OF THE AGENDA AT THE STANDING COMMITTEE MEETING ON 26.2.2021 – DECISIONS TAKEN
A. Unresolved Items of the Earlier SCM held on 7.3.2019
Item Nos. and Ministry / Deptt.: Item No. 43/19/SC MoHFW
Subject: Grant of one-time option to CGHS beneficiaries to opt for entitlement as per their revised Pay in Pay Band.
They were given ward facility below their entitlement, determined as per last pay drawn. The request is to give them their proper entitlement based on the notional pay in the pay band, as mentioned m OM No. S.11011/ 2/ 2008-CGHS (P) dated 20.5.2009, which states that pay in the pay band means the corresponding pay m the pay band that pensioners would have drawn, had he/ she continued m service.
The decision in the Meeting of 7.3.2019: Ministry of Health & FW that the demand to grant a one-time option to pre-1.6.2009 pensioners to opt for re-determination of their ward entitlement based on their notional pay in Pay Band is not allowed.
Though the Ministry of Health & FW has informed through their letter dated 20.07.2020 that no further action is required. Staff-Side requested that based on requests/ representation s received by them, an assessment of a number of cases who would be interested m exerc1smg the proposed option has to be considered by the MHFW.
Further, Staff-Side has also asked for a review in this regard and requested the Chair to convene a meeting with the Official Side of the M/ o Health & FW.
Status as of 25.02.2021: M/ o Health vide their letter dated 25.2.2021 informed that the demand to grant a one-time option to pre-1.5.2009 pensioners to opt for re-determination of their ward entitlement based on their notional pay is not allowed.
Hence, the matter may be treated as closed.
Discussions/ Decision on 26.02.2021: Staff Side agreed to give data on this for consideration of the matter afresh.
Related to Your Search:
- 3 Options to choose for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners : NFIR
- CGHS WARD ENTITLEMENT AND MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION IN 7TH CPC
- 7th Pay Commission Pension revision – Interpretation of Proposed Option 3
- CGHS facilities to pro-rata pensioners who retired from BSNL/MTNL with IDA pay scale
- Revised rates of ECHS contribution and entitlement of Ward in Empanelled Hospitals Medical Facilities
- NFIR: Revised entitlement of passes for Railway Employees
- Highlights of Action Taken Report of SCOVA ON 27.06.2016
- Central Government Pensioners: Appeal for restoration of Option 1 recommended by 7th Central Pay Commission for Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners
- RSCWS explains the advantages of choosing Importance of Option 1 of 7th Pay Commission for Revised Pension