CGDA Orders 2013: Payment of Leave Encashment as LTC advance
Clarification on time frame to disburse the payment of leave encashment advance while on LTC : Regarding the clarification was sought by CGDA from DoPT, the letter has been reproduced as under…
No.12647/LTC/Mov C/ 25 /D(Mov)/2013
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
New Delhi, the 25th Feb, 2013
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject : PAYMENT OF LEAVE ENCASHMENT AS LTC ADVANCE
1. I am directed to refer to GOI, MoD letter No.12647/Q Mov C/2610/D(Mov)/98 dated 11 Sep 98 as amended vide corrigendum No.B/33931/AG/PS-2(b)13343/D(Mov)/99 dated 10 Dec 99 and GOI, MoD letter No.12647/LTC/Mov C/2970/D(Mov)/08 dated 17 Dec 2008 which authorise encashment of annual leave up to 10 days along with LTC to the extent of total 60 days in a career span to cover incidental expenses incurred on travel by service personnel.
2. Since the Govt orders do not specify the time frame to be maintained while disbursing advance payment of leave encashment with LTC, a clarification was sought by CGDA from DoPT.
3. Now, DoPT vide their OM No.14028/2/2012-Estt-Estt.(L) dated 26 Jun 12 (copy enclosed) have clarified that the benefit of leave encashment on LTC may be allowed 60 days before proposed date of outward journey.
4, In view of the above clarification by D0PT, sanction of competent authority is hereby accorded for extension of DoPT instructions dated 26 Jun 12 as in para 1 above for all service pers also.
5. This issues with concurrence of Ministry of Defence (Finance/QA) vide their ID No. 9(2)/98/76/QA dated 11 Feb 2013.
Under Secretary to the Govt of India
Related to Your Search:
- Dopt issued clarification orders on payment of leave encashment amount along with LTC advance
- Clarification by Railway Board: Reckoning of 30% pay element for the purpose of payment towards leave encashment upto 10 days to running staff
- Encashment of earned leave alongwith LTC – Clarification issued by Dopt
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of EL
- Leave encashment to officers appointed on contract in various posts under Central Government – DoPT Orders 2019
- Clarification in respect of encashment of Earned Leave to reemployed pensioners – DoPT
- 7th CPC Recommendations on Encashment and Accumulation of Earned Leave
- Dopt issued orders regarding the Leave Encashment alognwith LTC
- CGDA Orders : Clarification regarding availing of Restricted Holiday