Centre Enhances disability Pension to those who Retired before 2006 – As per the order, the provision linking the service element of the disability pension of departments has been deleted.
The Union Government has announced an enhanced disability pension for pre-2006 pensioners. Now, they will be treated at par with pensioners who retired after 2006.
An order by the Department of Pensions said here on Friday that the revised consolidated pension of pre-2006 pensioners shall not be lower than 50 per cent of the minimum pay in the pay band and grade pay (wherever applicable), corresponding to the ‘pre-revised pay scale as per the fitment table without pro-rata reduction of pension’, even if they had qualifying service of less than 33 years at the time of retirement.
It said the provision would be equally applicable for computing the service element of the revised disability pension being drawn by the pre-2006 disability pensioners.
As per the order, the provision linking the service element of the disability pension of departments has been deleted. The arrears of revised disability pensions would be payable with effect from January 1, 2006.
It directed all Ministries/Departments to implement the orders revising the pension of all those pre-2006 disability pensioners who had rendered less than 33 years of qualifying service at the time of retirement as top priority.
Source: The Hindu
Related to Your Search:
- Special benefits in cases of death & disability in service : Revision of Disability Pension / Family Pension of Pre-2006 disability Pensioners/ Family Pensioners
- Grant of disability pension, comprising service element and disability clement to pre-2006 disability pensioners of Govt service
- Minimum Guaranteed Pension for Disability/War injury element as per CSC 2012 recommendation.
- Grant of Disability Pension
- 7th CPC Military Brochure – Old Age Pension
- 7th CPC: Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for pre-1.1.2016 Defence Forces pensioners
- Non payment of Dearness Relief on Disability Element While on Re-Employment
- Disability pension and compensation to ex servicemen and cadets
- Revised Pension Tables of Casualty Pensionary awards for JCO/ORs Pensioners/Family pensioners