Centre decided to abolish 90% of the posts in the grade of UDC as and when these fall vacant, in future”
A Question was raised by Shri Rajkumar Dhoot in Rajya Sabha regarding abolishment of Clerical Posts in Government establishments. In a Reply to this Question No.2086, the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions DR. JITENDRA SINGH has stated the following..
“The Government of India has not abolished all Clerical Posts in all Government establishments. SSC has made recruitment for the posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC) and Upper Division Clerk (UDC) in respect of vacancies reported by various Ministries/Departments/Sub-ordinate offices of Government of India.
However, the First Cadre Review of Central Secretariat Service was taken up in the year 2001. The Government had accepted recommendations of the committee in the year 2003 that Direct Recruitment LDC in Central Secretariat Clerical Services (CSCS) cadre may be stopped with immediate effect and all posts of LDC in CSCS presently filled through Direct Recruitment mode be abolished as and when these fall vacant. It was also decided to abolish 90% of the posts in the grade of UDC as and when these fall vacant, in future”
Source : Rajya Sabha.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- Sanctioned Strength, incumbency, vacancy in the grade of UDCs of CSCS
- Designations like Lower Division Clerk (LDC) and Upper Division Clerk (UDC) in central government’s employee hierarchy have been replaced with new nomenclature
- Abolition of 85% posts in the grade of LDC
- Change of nomenclature of the posts of Assistant of Central Secretariat Service
- Change the name of posts of LDC, UDC and Assistants – Dopt seeks suggestion
- Abolition of 85% post falling vacant meant for direct recruitment in the grade of JSA(erstwhile LDC)
- Over 6 Lakh Vacant Posts in Central Government Departments
- Promotion of LDC as UDC of CSCS (Central Secretariat Clerical Service) on ad-hoc basis- Continual of Ad-hoc appointments regarding
- Employment News : Vacancies in Clerical Cadre – Direct Recruitment quota