Central Vigilance Commission’s jurisdiction over employees of Multi-State Cooperative Societies like NAFED, KRIBHCO etc
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Dated the 1st February, 2013.
Subject: Central Vigilance Commission’s jurisdiction over employees of Multi-State Cooperative Societies like NAFED, KRIBHCO etc.
The undersigned is directed to say that a question has been recently raised as to whether Central Vigilance Commission functioning under the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003 has jurisdiction/superintendence over the MultiS tate Cooperative Societies like NAFED, KRIBHCO etc.
2. A legal opinion of Learned Attorney General was obtained which has been accepted by the Ministry of Law & Justice. The Ld. Attorney General has opined that the Members, office bearers and employees of the Multi-State Cooperative Societies would fail within the purview of Section 2(c) of the Prevention of Corruption Act and that the Central Vigilance Commission is duly empowered to exercise jurisdiction over NAFED and KRIBHCO and similar societies under Section 8 (1) of the CVC, Act, 2003.
3. All Ministries/Departments are requested to take note of the legal position stated above in so far as the societies with which they are administratively concerned for taking appropriate action.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Central Vigilance Commission’s jurisdiction over employees of Multi-State Cooperative Societies like NAFED, KRIBHCO etc.
- Withdrawal under paragraph 68-BD of EPF Scheme, 1952 for housing needs of the PF members
- Filling up of vacancy of Consultant(Vigiiance) in the Kendriya Bhandar
- Central Vigilance Commission has decided to create a database of all Central Government organisations
- DoPT: Selection to the post of Vigilance Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission
- IDENTIFICATION OF SENSITIVE POSTS IN CENTRAL GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION
- Directorate of Estates Orders – Allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) and General Pool Office Accommodation to Kendirya Bhandar (Central Government Employees Consumer Cooperative Society Limited).
- Amendment of Government of India’s Resolution : Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informers (PIDPI) Resolution-regarding
- DoPT: Appointment of Central Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission