Central Trade Unions decides to observe All India Protest Day on 15th March 2018
The meeting of the Central Trade Unions held on 22nd February 2018 at INTUC Office New Delhi expressed indignation and strongly condemned the Government of the day for their intensified attack on the lives and livelihood of the people and seriously compromising the national interest.
Attack on working class centering around dismantling labour laws designed to completely casualise employment conditions through various routes like amending Contract Labour Act, introducing Fixed Term Employment etc has assumed aggressive height. Further it is noted that the Government is out to erase the public sector from the industrial map of the country. Specific cases of attack on privatization of railways, opening coal mining to private and foreign companies without any restriction whatsoever, mass scale privatization as well as destruction of defence production network through widespread outsourcing, thereby dismantling the almost half of the ordinance factories are some of the examples of the gross anti-people and anti-national actions of the Govt. Accumulation of huge non-performing assets of the public sector banks arising out of pilferage of bank-funds by deliberately defaulting private corporate coupled with recent explosion of frauds with bank fund engineered by the same corporate class is also a reflection of the anti-national act of the Govt indulging and patronizing the same big-business class.
The Central Trade Unions reiterated their utter condemnation against the Union Budget 2018-19 which is basically anti-worker and anti-people in character and engineered a deception on the mass of the people through loud populist slogans without actually making any resource allocation.
The Central Trade Unions denounced the Govt of India’s surreptitious move in postponing the 47th session of Indian Labour Conference, thereby reducing tripartism to a mockery.
CTUOs noted with satisfaction the surging struggles by the working people in different sectors throughout the country, both organised and unorganized.
The workers and federations of coal and transport have been preparing for united industry wide actions to be undertaken shortly. All the Federations of Defence Production workers have jointly decided to go in for nationwide strike on 15th March 2018. Many more sectoral actions are in the offing.
The CTUOs while reiterating their resolve to intensify preparation for indefinite strike in the days to come, calls upon all their constituents and working people in general irrespective of affiliations to jointly observe
ALL INDIA PROTEST DAY ON 15TH MARCH 2018
- In solidarity with the striking Defence Production workers against anti-national privatization move
- Against the Anti-people Deceptive Union Budget 2018-19.
The CTUOs will meet shortly after 15th March 2018 to decide their next course of united countrywide action.
INTUC AITUC HMS CITU
AIUTUC TUCC SEWA AICCTU UTUC LPF
Source : Confederationhq
Related to Your Search:
- HISTORIC MARCH TO PARLIAMENT TODAY ON 20th DECEMBER, 2012
- National wide General Strike on 08 January, 2020
- 2ND SEPTEMBER 2016 — ALL INDIA GENERAL STRIKE
- AIRF to observe December 05, 2014 as National Protest Day against anti working class policies of Government.
- Central Trade Unions reiterate countrywide General Strike on 2nd September 2016 – Press Statement
- CITU Salutes the Working Class of India for the Historic Strike On 2nd September 2015
- India Working Class Unitedly Demands Change of Policy – Confederation
- Nationwide General Strike on 8th & 9th January 2019 – Confederation
- Confederation One Day Strike on 15.11.2018 Postponed