Central Government paves way for employees timely promotions
New Delhi: All central government departments have been asked to conduct meetings of Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) in time to check “abnormal delay” in giving career benefits to employees.
The move comes after noticing cases of delay in holding the meeting of DPC -which decides on employees’ promotions.
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has issued instructions to all the departments asking them to ensure timely promotions to the employees by conducting meetings of DPC in time.
A model calender has also been issued by the DoPT in this regard.
It has been brought to the notice of the government that many promotion posts are lying vacant due to abnormal delay in convening DPCs.
“The objective of timely promotions of employees in various ministries and departments can be achieved only by holding DPC meetings.
“In view of above, all ministries and departments are again advised to ensure strict compliance of instructions in order achieve the desired objectives of timely convening of DPCs/preparation of approved select panels within the prescribed time frame,” the DoPT said in an order.
There are about 50.68 lakh central government employees.
Related to Your Search:
- Timely and advance action in convening of Departmental Promotion Committee meeting in terms of Model Calendar
- Timely and advance action in convening of Departmental Promotion Committee meeting in terms of Model Calendar – DPC for promotion
- Timely and advance action in convening of DPC meeting in terms of Model Calendar: DoPT
- Retired Government Employees Can Now Avail Benefits Of Missed Promotions
- Model Calendar for the Departmental Promotion Committees – Dopt Orders
- Furnishing DPC proposal to the UPSC in a time bound manner as laid down in DOPT OM dated 24.03.2011- Dopt orders
- Safeguarding the career prospect of Group A, Gr. B and Gr. C officers in all Central Govt. Departments by granting timely promotions
- Flexible Complementing Scheme for Scientists in Scientific and Technological Departments — date of effect of promotions
- Procedure to be observed by the Departmental Promotion Committees (DPCs) – Model Calendar for DPCs – Relevant year up to which APARs are to be considered and Model Calendar for conducting DPCs