Central Government likely to approve 7% additional DA
The Government is likely to approve a hike in dearness allowance (DA) to 107 per cent from the existing 100 per cent, benefiting around 30 lakh Centre’s employees and its 50 lakh pensioners including dependents.
“The average rate of retail inflation for industrial workers from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014 works out to be 7.25 per cent. Thus the Central government will hike dearness allowance for it employees by 7 per cent,” an official said.
He said the Finance Ministry will now put a Cabinet proposal for approval of 7 per cent DA hike from July 1 this year as the revised Consumer Price Index-Industrial Workers data for June was released by Labour Ministry on Saturday.
With increase in DA, the pensioners will also gain as the benefit provided to them as dearness relief will be hiked to 107 per cent of basic pay.
The previous UPA government had increased DA to 100 per cent from 90 per cent with effect from January 1, 2014, on February 28 on the basis of agreed formula for revision of the allowance.
However, the central government employees’ union is not very enthused by the 7 per cent hike in the dearness allowance as their long pending demand of merger of DA with basic pay has not been given heed by 7th Pay Commission and the government.
“The erosion of value of wages is unbearable at 50 per cent dearness allowance. Now it will be 107 per cent. It is high time to merge DA with basic pay to provide relief to employees,” Confederation of Central Government Employees’ President KKN Kutty told PTI.
“We had summited our memorandum in this regard to 7th Pay Commission. They forwarded it to Central Government. We have apprised about the issue to the newly elected NDA government.
But no decision has been taken so far,” he said.
With merger of DA with basic pay, the salary and allowances paid in proportion of basic pay are increased. As per earlier practise DA was merged with basic pay once it breached 50 per cent mark. But the 6th Pay Commission has disallowed that.
Source : The Hindu
Related to Your Search:
- Expected DA: Cabinet may approve 10% DA hike in September 2013
- Central Government Employees: Cabinet may approve 6% dearness allowance (DA) hike next week
- Will Central Government Employees get 17 percent DA in the salary of September 2019 ?
- 7th Pay Commission: Achhe Din for government employees, Centre likely to hike Dearness Allowance by 2 per cent before Dussehra
- Central Employees DA release not discussed in cabinet meeting
- Central Government Employees get 6 per cent DA hike from January 1
- Government approves 10% DA hike, to benefit 50 lakh central employees.
- 4% DA hike to Central Government employees is confirmed as from 1 January 2020
- Union Cabinet may approve 10% DA hike from July, 2013 on Friday, 20th September