Central Government Employees News
Ganesh Chaturthi 2021 comes as per DOPT order on Friday 10th September this year. Often known as Vinayaka Chaturthi, the Ganesh Chaturthi festival is one of the most important Hindu festivals devoted to Lord Ganesha, son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
Next Year Ganesh Chaturthi / Vinayaga Chaturthi / Vinayaka Chaviti going to be held on Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Ganesh Chaturthi is not an Indian public holiday. This is a national holiday that is observed only in some states like Maharashtra , Gujarat, Karnataka , Andhra Pradesh and others. Except in those states, recognizing the Ganesha Festival as a holiday is not compulsory to an employer.
Ganesh Chaturthi, also known as Vinayaka Chaturthi, is one of the Hindus’ most celebrated festivals which marks Lord Ganesha’s birth. Devotees worship idols of the elephant-headed Deity who is also regarded as the Remover of Obstacles and the Lord of New Beginnings during this ten-day festival.
Ganesh Chaturthi, or Vinayak Chaturthi, is on Shukla Paksha’s Chaturthi Tithi of Bhadrapada month, according to Hindi Panchang. Ganesh Chaturthi is out on Saturday, August 22 this year. Vighnaharta Shri Ganesh Ji was born on the day of Bhadrapad Shukla Chaturthi according to mythological traditions, thus it is celebrated on this day as Ganesh Chaturthi or Vinayaka Chaturthi. Special adoration of Ganapati is done on the day of Ganesh Janmotsava, so that they can destroy all the dangers of a person’s life and fulfill his wishes.
Related to Your Search:
- Central Government Holiday on 22 August Saturday due to Ganesh Chaturthi
- Tamil Nadu Government Declares Public Holiday on Thaipusam Festival (28 January 2021)
- Pongal Holiday is not in the List of Compulsory Holidays 2017
- Central Government Holiday for Janmashtami (Krishna Jayanti) on Wednesday, 12 August 2020
- Dusshera Holiday 2020 – Closed Holidays for the year 2020 – Latest DoPT Orders
- List of Compulsory and Restricted Holidays 2019 – Central Government Employees
- Muharram 2021 Date in Tamil Nadu – Central Government offices Holidays 2021
- Disbursement of Salary / Pension and wages to the Central Government Employees and Pensioners in the State of Maharashtra for August 2020 on account of Ganpati Festival
- Holidays 2014 – Holidays observed in Central Government Offices in Tamil Nadu during the year 2014, the detailed list of holidays with day and dates are given below for your information…