Central Government Employees for Special concessions/facilities to working in Kashmir Valley
Dopt Orders – Special concessions/facilities to Central Government Employees working in Kashmir Valley in attached/subordinate offices or PSUs falling under the control of Central Government.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
New Delhi, the 17th February, 2014.
Subject:- Special concessions/facilities to Central Government Employees working in Kashmir Valley in attached/subordinate offices or PSUs falling under the control of Central Government.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 18016/3/2011- Estt.(L) dated 27th June, 2012 on the subject mentioned above and to state that it has been decided to extend the package of concessions/incentives to Central Government employees working in Kashmir Valley for a further period of one year w.e.f. 01.01.2013. The revised package of incentives is as per annexure.
2. The package of incentives is uniformly applicable to all Ministries/ Departments and PSUs under the Government of India and they should ensure strict adherence to the rates prescribed in the package. The concerned Ministry/Department may ensure implementation and monitoring of the package in conformity with the approved package, and therefore, all Court cases in which verdicts are given contrary to the package would have to be contested by the Ministries/Departments concerned.
Hindi version will follow
ANNEXURE to DOPT’ s O.M. No.18016/3/2011-Estt.(L) dt. 17th February, 2014
DETAILS OF PACKAGE OF CONCESSIONS/FACILITIES TO CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WORKING IN KASHMIR VALLEY IN ATTACHED/SUBORDINATE OFFICES OR PSUs FALLING UNDER THE CONTROL OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT.
[Kashmir Valley comprises of ten districts namely, Anantnag, Baramulla, Budgam, Kupwara, Pulwama, Srinagar, Kulgam, Shopian, Ganderbal and Bandipora]
I. ADDITIONAL H.R A. AND OTHER CONCESSIONS :
(A) Employees posted to Kashmir Valley:
(i) These employees have an option to move their families to a selected place of their choice in India at Government expense. T.A. for the families allowed as admissible in permanent transfer inclusive of transportation of personal effects, lump-sum payment for packing etc.
(ii) Departmental arrangements for stay, security and transportation to the place of work for employees.
(iii) HRA as for Class ‘Y’ city applicable for employees exercising option at (i). Such employees will be eligible for drawing the normal HRA as well at their place of posting provided Departmental arrangement is not made for his/her stay.
(iv) The period of temporary duty extended to six months. For period of temporary duty daily allowance at full rate is admissible, apart from departmental arrangements for stay, security and transportation.
(B) Employees posted to Kashmir Valley who do not wish to move their families to a selected place of residence :
A per diem allowance of Rs.10/- is paid for each day of attendance to compensate for any additional expense in transportation to and from office etc. This will be in addition to the transport allowance, which the employee is otherwise eligible for under Ministry of Finance order No. 21(2)/2008-E.II(B) dated 29.08.2008.
II. MESSING FACILITIES :
Messing Allowance to be paid to the employees at a uniform rate of Rs.15/- per day by all Departments, or in lieu messing arrangements to be made by the Departments themselves. This rate of allowance will have to be adhered to uniformly by all the Ministries/Departments with effect from 01.07.1999. The slightly higher rate of Rs.25.50/- adopted by the Department of Telecom and Posts and allowed to be continued as a special case by the Department of Personnel in consultation with the Ministry of Finance, would, however, continue to be paid at the said rate.
III. PAYMENT OF MONTHLY PENSION TO PENSIONERS OF KASHMIR VALLEY
Pensioners of Kashmir Valley who are unable to draw their monthly pensions through either Public Sector Banks or PAO treasuries from which they were receiving their pensions, would be given pensions outside the Valley where they have settled, in relaxation of relevant provisions.
1. The package of concession/facilities shall be admissible in Kashmir Valley comprising of ten districts namely, Anantnag, Baramulla, Budgam, Kupwara, Pulwama, Srinagar, Kulgam, Shopian, Ganderbal and Bandipora.
2. The package of concessions/facilities shall be admissible to Temporary Status Casual laborers working in Kashmir Valley in terms of Para 5(i) of the Causal Laborers (Grant of Temporary Status and Regularization) Scheme of Government of India, 1993.
3. The benefit of additional HRA admissible under the Kashmir Valley package shall be admissible to all Central Government employees posted to Kashmir Valley irrespective of whether they are natives of Kashmir Valley, if they choose to move their families anywhere in India subject to the conditions governing the grant of these allowances.
4. The facilities of Messing Allowance and Per Diem Allowance shall also be allowed to natives of Kashmir Valley in terms of the Kashmir Valley package.
Related to Your Search:
- Special concessions to Central Government Employees working in Kashmir Valley in attached / subordinate offices or PSUs falling under the control of Central Government
- Kashmir Valley Special Concession – Additional HRA, Messing Facilites, Incentive (as per 7th CPC) to CGE and Monthly Pension to Pensioners: DoPT Order
- Special concessions to Central Government Employees working in Kashmir Valley in attached/subordinate offices or PSUs falling under the control of Central Government.
- Incentives to Central Government employees working in Kashmir Valley as per 7th CPC – DoPT
- Special concessions to Central Government Employees working in Kashmir Valley in attached/subordinate offices or PSUs falling under the control of Central Govt.
- Special concessions / facilities to Central Government Employees working in Kashmir valley in attached / subordinate offices or PSUs falling under the control of Central Government
- Kashmir Festival From May 13-2013
- Government Employees of Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh to get all 7th CPC Allowances from 31st October 2019
- LTC facilities to the Civilian employees of the Central Government serving in States of the North-Eastern Region, Ladakh region of State of Jammu & Kashmir and in Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep Group of Islands – Implementation of recommendations of 7th CPC