CBSE Class VI to XI training courses for the period 2020 to 2021
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
(An Autonomous Organisation under the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India)
Circular No.: Acad-25/2020
The Heads of all Institutions
Affiliated to CBSE
Subject: Introduction of Skill courses from classes VI to XI from the session 2020-21
Greeting from CBSE!
- As you are aware the draft New Education Policy 2019 has clearly stated that there should be “no hard separation” between curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular or academic and vocational / physical education / art, The updating of the NCF in the near future will make it possible for the Board to remove such separations. However, for the present, it is felt that mainstreaming all forms of learning and skills will integrates not just the hands-on skilling component but also the theoretical knowledge, attitudes and mindsets, and soft skills that are required for particular occupations, through a broad-based education that is necessary for students to be able to take on and thrive in a fast-changing world. This will contribute to the economic goals of individuals and the nation in multiple ways, developing the capacities and dispositions of individuals for economic independence, including employment and entrepreneurship.
- To make the new generation more creative, innovative and physically fit, and to keep pace with the global developments and requirements at workplace, CBSE is introducing three new subjects namely ‘Design-thinking’, ‘Physical Activity Trainer’ and ‘Artificial Intelligence’ at Class XI from the Session 2020-2021. While Thinking is a skill that all humans possess, the 21stcentury requirement is of Critical Thinking and Problem Design Thinking is a systematic process of thinking that opens up the horizons of creativity and enables even the most conditioned thinkers to bring about new and innovative solutions to the problems at hand. Artificial Intelligence is also a simulation by machines of the unlimited thinking capacity of humans. Physical Activity is a must if the body and mind are to be kept healthy. With this view in mind, the course on Physical Activity Trainer has been prepared. It will not only help in developing the skill of a trainer, but will also become a life skill as it will imbibe the idea of keeping fit for life.
- Beside these new programmes, Board is already offering 17 Skill subjects at Secondary level and 37 Skill Subjects at Senior Secondary level to upgrade the skills and proficiency of the young generation and also to provide them awareness to explore various career The list of Skill subjects may be seen at Annexure-II & III. More than 8 lakhs students are presently studying skill subjects at secondary and senior secondary level in 8543 CBSE schools.
- At Secondary Level, a Skill subject may be offered as additional sixth subject along with the existing five compulsory subjects. As per existing CBSE policy, if any student fails in any one of the three elective subjects (i.e. Science, Mathematics and Social Science), then it will be replaced by the Skill subject (offered as a 6th subject) and result of Class X will be computed based on best five subjects. However, if a candidate desires to reappear in the failed subject, he/she may appear along with the compartment examination.
- Similarly, at Senior Secondary level, Board would appreciate, if your esteemed school offers at least one or more Skill Based subject out of the 40 subjects on offer as elective This can position the students to explore new avenues and acquire pre-professional skill to face the challenges of life in future.
- Therefore, schools are requested to consider choosing any one or more Skill courses for the students of Classes IX & XI from the enclosed list (refer Annexure II & III) and start offering the same from the academic session 2020-21 The scheme of studies for secondary and senior secondary level is enclosed at Annexure-IV & V, respectively.
- To keep pace with the objective of “no hard separation” mentioned in para 1 above, CBSE has decided to offer students the flexibility of making a vocational choice of a short duration module, of 12 hours for each module, at a stage in their early academic career (either at Class VI, VII or VIII). In this way they will be able to spend relevant time period pursuing this choice as per convenience of school, while benefitting from access to courses that are broader based (detailed at Annexure–I). This would give them the necessary orientation early on, so that they are able to make a choice at a later stage to pursue Skill courses at Secondary and Senior secondary level, or choose a higher vocational In essence this flexibility will keep multiple career possibilities open for each student, instead of the current situation of rigidity once the first choice is made.
- At Middle level (Classes VI to VIII), one Skill Module of 12 hours duration could be offered as an option to the students for single academic session as per convenience of Schools/students are free to opt Skill Module either at class VI or class VII or class VIII. Therefore, schools are requested to consider choosing any one or more Skill courses for the students of Classes VI to VIII from the enclosed list (refer Annexure I) and start offering the same from the academic session 2020-21 onwards. The Board will provide necessary support and guidance towards training and capacity building of teachers and other aspects for the successful implementation of all Skill subjects from time to time.
- This year the applications for willingness are being taken online as follows:
- For starting Skill courses at Middle level e. in classes VI to VIII, the schools may apply using the link: Application Form to introduce Skill Courses in Middle School (Class 6-8)
- For starting Skill courses at Secondary level e. in classes IX & X, the schools may apply using the link: APPLICATION FORM TO OFFER SKILL COURSES AT SECONDARY LEVEL FROM SESSION 2020-2021 ONWARDS
- For starting Skill courses at Senior Secondary level e. in class XI, the schools may apply using the Application Form at Annexure-VI
- The applications of willingness for the session 2020-21 along with the relevant annexures, using the link, along with demand draft of requisite fee (only for Senior secondary level) in favour of ‘Secretary, CBSE’ payable at Delhi should be sent to the office of undersigned by 31st May
- Similarly, if school desires to offer the Skill course from the session 2021-22 at Senior Secondary level, the schools must apply online through affiliation portal (cbseaff.nic.in) as per the schedule
- For any further query, the school may contact Joint Secretary, Department of Skill Education, CBSE, ‘Shiksha Sadan’, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi-110002 through email at [email protected], or [email protected]
(Dr. Biswajit Saha)
Director (Training and Skill Education)
- Annexure-I: List of Skill Courses at Middle Level – Classes VI/VII/VIII
- Annexure-II: List of Skill Courses at Secondary level – Classes IX – X
- Annexure-III: List of Skill Courses at Secondary level – Classes XI – XII
- Annexure-IV: Scheme of Studies at Secondary level – Classes IX – X
- Annexure-V: Scheme of Studies at Secondary level – Classes XI – XII
- Annexure-V: Application Form to offer Skill Courses in Class XI
LIST OF SKILL COURSES OFFERED AT MIDDLE LEVEL (FOR CLASSES VI / VII / VIII)
|1||Artificial Intelligence||12 hours||15||35|
|2||Beauty & Wellness||12 hours||15||35|
|3||Design Thinking||12 hours||15||35|
|4||Financial Literacy||12 hours||15||35|
|6||Information Technology||12 hours||15||35|
|7||Marketing/ Commercial Application||12 hours||15||35|
|8||Mass Media||12 hours||15||35|
|9||Travel & Tourism||12 hours||15||35|
LIST OF SKILL COURSES OFFERED AT SECONDARY LEVEL (FOR IX & X)
|1||401||Retail||Store Operations Assistant||50||50|
|2||402||Information Technology||Domestic IT Executive/ Operator||50||50|
|3||403||Security||Unarmed Security Guard||50||50|
|4||404||Automotive||Automotive Service Technician||50||50|
|5||405||Introduction To Financial Markets||Business Correspondent||50||50|
|6||406||Introduction To Tourism||Assistant Tour Guide||50||50|
|7||407||Beauty & Wellness||Assistant Beauty Therapist||50||50|
|8||408||Agriculture||Solanaceous Crop Cultivator||50||50|
|9||409||Food Production||Assistant Chef (reg.)||50||50|
|10||410||Front Office Operations||Front Office Executive||50||50|
|11||411||Banking & Insurance||Field Executive||50||50|
|12||412||Marketing & Sales||Marketing Assistant||50||50|
|13||413||Health Care||General Duty Assistant||50||50|
|15||415||Multi Media||Texture Artist||50||50|
|16||416||Multi Skill Foundation course||Multi Skill Assistant||50||50|
|18||418||Physical Activity Trainer (New)||50||50|
LIST OF SKILL ELECTIVES OFFERED AT SENIOR SECONDARY LEVEL (FOR XI & XII)
|2.||802||Information Technology||IT Helpdesk Assistant||60||40|
|3.||803||Web Application||Web Developer||60||40|
|4.||804||Automotive||Automotive Service Technician||60||40|
|5.||805||Financial Markets Management||Equity Dealer/Mutual Fund Agent||60||40|
|7.||807||Beauty & Wellness||Beauty Therapist||60||40|
|8.||808||Agriculture||Agriculture Extension Worker||70||30|
|9.||809||Food Production||Trainee Commie||60||40|
|10.||810||Front Office Operations||Counter Sales Executive||60||40|
|11.||811||Banking||Sales Executive (Banking product)||60||40|
|13.||813||Health Care||General Duty Assistant||60||40|
|14.||814||Insurance||Sales Executive (Insurance)||60||40|
|15.||816||Horticulture||Floricultur / Entrepreneur||60||40|
|16.||817||Typography & Computer Application||Executive Assistant||60||40|
|17.||818||Geospatial Technology||GIS Operator||60||40|
|18.||819||Electrical Technology||Field Technician-other home||60||40|
|19.||820||Electronic Technology||Installation Technician||60||40|
|21.||822||Taxation||Assistant Tax Consultant / GST Accounts Assistant||60||40|
|22.||823||Cost Accounting||Jr. Accountant||60||40|
|23.||824||Office Procedures & Practices||Executive Assistant||60||40|
|26.||827||Air-conditioning & Refrigeration||Service Technician||60||40|
|27.||829||Textile Design||Design Assistant (Apparel / Textile)||60||40|
|30.||833||Business Administration||Business Executive||70||30|
|31.||834||Food Nutrition & Dietetics||Assistant Dietician||70||30|
|32.||835||Mass Media Studies||Media Assistant||70||30|
|33.||836||Library & Information Science||Library Assistant||70||30|
|34.||837||Fashion Studies||Assistant Fashion Designer||70||30|
|36.||842||Early Childhood Care & Education||Early Childhood Educator||50||50|
|37.||843||Artificial Intelligence (New)||50||50|
- Applied Mathematics (840) cannot be offered as skill Elective at Class XI from the session 2020-21 as this subject will be offered as an Academic subject with modified syllabus with different subject code from the session 2020-21.
- Also, Skill Electives X-Ray Technician (Code no. 815), Music Production (Code no. 832), Applied Physics (Code no. 838) and Applied Chemistry (Code no. 839) have been discontinued w.e.f. session 2020-2021.
- However, candidates who had opted for these Skill Electives in session 2019-2020 in class XI or candidates due to appear for Compartment Examination in 2021 in these Electives shall appear in the Board Examinations-2021 accordingly.
FEE: Details of the fee for approval/ affiliation fees for offering skill courses at senior secondary level i.e. in classes XI & XII are as follows:
|DESCRIPTION||FOR SESSION 2020 – 2021|
|Govt./ Aided schools / KVs / JNVs located in India||Rs. 2,000/- per subject|
|Govt./ Aided schools / KVs located overseas||Rs. 5,000/- per subject|
|Independent schools located in India||Rs. 5,000/- per subject|
|Independent schools located overseas||Rs. 20,000/- per subject|
SCHEME OF STUDIES
- SCHEME OF STUDIES AT SECONDARY LEVEL (CLASS IX/X):
|NAME OF THE SUBJECT||MARKS|
|SUBJECT 1||Language 1||100|
|SUBJECT 2||Language 2||100|
|SUBJECT 5||Social Science||100|
|SUBJECT 6 (ADDITIONAL)||Skill Subject *||100|
- *If any student fails in any one of the three elective subjects (i.e. Science, Mathematics and Social Science), then it will be replaced by the Skill subject (offered as a 6th additional subject) and result of Class X Board Examination will be computed
- Under Co- Scholastic activities student opting Skill subject shall be exempted from work education or pre-Skill
- Further, if desired, Student may also opt language-3 as 7thoptional subject along with Skill subject as 6th additional
- Children With Special Needs (CWSN) may opt one language and any four subjects including skill subject .
SCHEME OF STUDIES
- SCHEME OF STUDIES AT SENIOR SECONDARY LEVEL (CLASS XI/XII):
|SUBJECT I||Language I: English or Hindi||100|
|SUBJECT II||Language II: Language other than Language I OR|
An Academic Elective in lieu of Language II
|SUBJECT III, IV & V||Two Academic Electives and one Skill Electives OR|
One Academic Elective and Two Skill Electives OR
Three Skill Electives
|SUBJECT VI Additional Subject (optional)||One language at elective level OR|
One subject from Academic Electives OR
Any One subject from Skill Electives
|SUBJECT VII & VIII(Subjects of Internal Assessment)||501 – General Foundation Course|
502 – Physical and Health Education
- Out of the languages, one shall be English or Hindi, both English and Hindi can also be offered
- The same language can be offered only at one level e. Core/ Elective.
- The List of Skill Electives available is Subjects as prescribed under Skill Courses are to be opted. However, Scheme of Studies may be referred.
- Informatics Practice (065) cannot be taken with Information Technology (802), Typography & Computer Application (817) and Web Application (803).
- Business Studies (054) and Business Administrations (833) cannot be taken together.
Related to Your Search:
- 1002 KVS Schools affiliated with CBSE
- KV School Fee Structure 2013 – Fee Structure (Per month) with effect from 1.4.2013
- Amendment in Educational Code for Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Central Government Employees News: Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
- CBSE Circular : National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2013
- PERFORMANCE OF KV SHCOOLS IN 10th & 12th STANDARD
- Hindi may soon be made compulsory till class 10th in Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Kendriya Vidyalyas
- CBSE Board Exam 2022 – Special Scheme of Assessment for Board Examination Classes X and XII for the Session 2021-2022
- Kendriya Vidyalayas across the country have resumed face-to-face teachings for various classes as per the guidelines issued by the MHA – KV School