Central Administrative Tribunal suspends promotion of 148 Income Tax inspectors
TNN | Jun 13, 2014
HYDERABAD: The Hyderabad bench of the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) comprising B Venkateshwar Rao, (member judicial) and Minnie Mathew (member administration) on Thursday suspended the promotions given to 148 income tax inspectors by the IT chief commissioner of AP, Hyderabad.
The bench was dealing with a petition by office superintendents and senior tax assistants of the department challenging the action of the chief commissioner in superseding an earlier order of the Centre.
Dr K Lakshmi Narasimha, counsel for the petitioners, said as per the order of the Centre all the posts of office superintendents, senior tax assistants, and stenographers were merged in a single cadre called executive assistants and promotions had to be effected by taking staff from this new category. He alleged that the chief income tax commissioner ignored the rule and effected the promotions.
The bench noted that the petition was filed on June 2 and the IT authorities sought several adjournments and, during the pendency of the petition, the commissioner convened the Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) meeting and gave promotions.
Source: The Times of India
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of 3rd MACP in the grade pay of Rs.6600 – Filing Transfer Petitions before the Hon’ble CAT, PB, New Delhi
- IT (Income Tax) Department decided to provide Additional posts in various grades – CBDT Notification
- 3% reservation for differently-abled persons be given in all category of government jobs: Supreme Court
- Income Tax Officers are not too happy with new promotion rule
- Paying tribute to the retired Senior Officers
- Night Shift Allowance for Industrial Employees : Cat Judgement
- Central Government women employees can get 730 days leave for child care: Supreme Court
- All India Association of Central Excise Gazetted Executive Officers to stage protest
- Rejection of 6th CPC minimum pay of the pay band to the Senior Nursing Superintendents on Railways