Casual Labourers with temporary Status in Deptt of Post – Clarification regarding contribution to GPF and Pension under the Old Pension Scheme
Government Of India
Ministry Of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi 110 001.
Dated: 12th September, 2016
Subject: Casual Labourers with temporary Status – Clarification regarding contribution to GPF and Pension under the Old Pension Scheme.
I am directed to refer to this Department’s letter no.01-07/2016-SPB-I dated 22.07.2016 on the above cited subject and say that following clarifications are hereby issued in respect of Casual Labourers in the Postal Department in line with DOP&T OM No.49014/2/2014-Estt(c) dated 28.07.2016:
(a) The Department’s letter No.01-07/2016-SPB-I dated 22.07.2016 restores the provisions of the scheme as it existed prior to this Department’s letter No.45-6/2005-SPB-I dated 02.09.2005. The benefit of GPF and Old Pension Scheme is applicable to all those Casual Labourers who are covered under the Casual Labourers (Grant of Temporary Status and Regularization) Scheme issued vide letter No.45-95/87-SPB-I dated 12.04.1991 even if they have been regularized on or after 01-01-2004.
(b) As the benefit of Old Pension Scheme and GPF is applicable to only those casual workers who are covered under the above stated scheme of 1991, all the circles may strictly ensure that it does not lead to demand by regularly recruited fresh employees appointed on or after 01.01.2004 for similar benefit in place of NPS.
Assistant Director General (SPN)
Source: Department of Posts [Click here]
Related to Your Search:
- Regarding allotment of GPF Account Numbers to Casual Labourers with temporary status
- Casual labourers with temporary status — clarification regarding contribution of GPF and Pension under the Old Pension Scheme
- Grant of 7th CPC pay scale to Temporary Status Casual labourers
- Revision of minimum wage payable to Temporary status Casual Labourers
- Revision of Minimum Wages payable to Temporary status Casual Labourers
- Casual Labourers with temporary status-clarification regarding contribution to GPF and Pension under the old pension scheme
- Minimum pay for Calculation of pay of casual labourers (without temporary status)
- Leave Entitlement of Casual Labourers with temporary status
- Kamlesh Chandra Committee on giving preference to Casual Labourers in selection to Gramin Dak Seva posts – DOP order