Cashless treatment of ESIC Employees and cash compensation for loss of wages: Loksabha Q&A
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 875
ANSWERED ON: 21.11.2016
Y. S. AVINASH REDDY
KOTHA PRABHAKAR REDDY
Will the Minister of LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT be pleased to state:-
(a) whether the Government has stopped/proposes to stop the cashless treatment of ESIC Employees;
(b)if so, the details thereof and the reasons therefor;
(c)the steps being taken by the government to alleviate problems of ESIC employees in this regard;
(d)whether the Health Insurance Scheme run by the Government provides guarantee of income which is necessary for livelihood and if so, the details thereof; and
(e)if not, whether the Government proposes to implement such schemes in future?
MINISTER OF STATE (IC) FOR LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT (SHRI BANDARU DATTATREYA)
(a) & (c): No, Madam. The employees under ESI Scheme are eligible for cashless treatment in the ESI Hospitals and tie up hospitals. In case of emergency treatment outside the ESI network, the employees are reimbursed on CGHS rates or respective state rates.
(b): Not applicable in view of answer at (a) above.
(d): Yes, Madam. Under ESI Scheme, cash compensation for loss of wages is paid as under:
1. Sickness Leave – For 91 days @ 70% of wages
2. Temporary disablement – Till the spell of sickness lasts @ 90% of wages
3. Maternity leave – For 12 weeks (under revision to 26 weeks) @ 100% of wages
4. Unemployment allowance- @50% for first year and 25% for second year.
(e): Not applicable.
Related to Your Search:
- Cashless treatment may be stopped for central government employees
- ESIC: Recruitment of Around 5200 Various Posts in ESIC Under Way
- ESIC Calendar and Diary 2018
- CGHS: Cashless facility to CGHS Benficiaries
- Non payment of minimum wages by outsourcing agencies
- ESIC felicitates donors to ESIC Hospitals during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC): Renovation of various hospitals run by State Government under Employees’ State Insurance Scheme (ESIS)
- ESIC Approves the Enhancement of Wage Ceiling from Present Rs. 15,000 per Month to Rs. 21,000
- Cashless Health Insurance Mandatory for Punjab Government Employees, Pensioners