Cancellation of trains – Information through SMS to passengers
SMS based alert service for cancelled Trains
Ministry of Railways has started yet another passenger friendly measure on pilot basis, under which SMS messages would be sent to passengers informing about train cancellation in case the train in which they have booked their tickets for is cancelled due to unavoidable circumstances. Under this pilot project, the SMS messages are being sent to those passengers who are boarding at originating station. At a later stage, this will be extended to cover enroute station also. This exclusive SMS based service has been commenced on all India basis.
The SMS will be sent to their respective mobile numbers entered by them in reservation slips while buying tickets from PRS counters or while purchasing online e-tickets. The cancellation information would be sent quite in advance to the passengers for their convenience so that it may help them plan alternative arrangement in time. To avail this facility, passengers are advised to invariably mention their mobile numbers on the reservation slips.
The software for this service has been developed by Center for Railway information systems (CRIS), the information technological (IT) wing of the Indian Railways.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Automatic Refund of Confirmed/ RAC E-Tickets on Cancellation of Trains
- Automatic Refund of Confirmed/ Rac e-tickets on Cancellation of Trains Becomes Effective
- Pasting of Reservation Charts on Train Coaches Discontinued?
- Train cancellation due to Covid 19 – All passenger trains canceled until 3 May 2020
- Indian Railways partially restored w.e.f. from 12th May 2020 in a graded manner
- Indian Railways revises Passenger Reservation Form to extend the VIKALP option to passengers booking tickets through reservation windows
- IRCTC DEDICATES ANDROID APP FOR TRAIN PASSENGERS
- Alternate Train Accommodation Scheme (ATAS) called “VIKALP” to be Introduced from Tomorrow i.e. 1.11.2015 on Pilot Basis
- Advance Reservation Period for Booking Reserved Train Tickets increased from 60 days to 120 days from 1st april 2015