Cadre Control/Manpower Management of Mechanical & Electrical Staff involved in Diesel Maintenance & Operation and EMU/MEMU/TL/AC Maintenance and Operation
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, Dated 1st May 2018
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways.
Sub: Cadre Control/Manpower Management of Mechanical & Electrical Staff involved in Diesel Maintenance & Operation and EMU/MEMU/TL/AC Maintenance and Operation.
This is in supersession of all orders issued earlier on this subject.
2. Board has revisited the issue of complete separation of Traction and Coaching verticals at divisional level and decided the following.
a) The cadre control of Non-Gazetted staff diesel maintenance and operations would be under MTR and the cadre control of Non-Gazetted staff of MEMU/EMU/TL/AC would be under MRS.
b) The Administrative control of the officers manning diesel maintenance and operations would be with MTR and the administrative control of the officers of electrical coaching, including MEMU/EMU, TL/AC etc. would be under MRS.
c) Cadre control of Electrical Divisions, if there is a separate Sr.DME/DME for O&F wing, he would continue to look after the power wing till a Sr.DEE/DEE (OP/TRO) is posted and technically report to PCEE. If there is only one Sr.DME looking after both C&W and Operations, then diesel operations shall be placed under DME/AME and kept under administrative control of Sr.DEE/DEE of the division and the Sr.DME would look after Breakdown and C&W and would continue to report to PCME..
e) In Divisions, where the post of Sr.DEE/DEE (OP/TRO) is available, work of Diesel operations shall be transferred to Sr.DEE/DEE (OP/TRO) and the post of Sr.DME/DME (Power/O&F) would be re-designated as Sr.DME/DME (Freight) or Sr.DME/DME (EnHM) or as considered necessary in the mechanical cadre by the General Manager.
f) In electrified Divisions where the post of Sr.DME/DME(Power) and Sr.DME/DME(Freight) are both available, the post of Sr.DME/DME(Power/O&F) can be used as Sr.DME/DME (EnHM) or as considered necessary in the mechanical cadre…
g) In all divisions, the entire paraphernalia of TL & AC be placed under one DEE/AEE who would report to Sr.DME/C&W. On similar analogy one post of DME or AME (Power) along with the running staff looking after operation would report to the Sr.DEE looking after operations. while dual reporting should generally be avoided, however concerned DRM’s shall take a final call in the overall administrative interest whenever there is only one DEE/AEE or DME/AME.
h) The ministerial staff under Sr.DME/DME Power would be suitably redistributed by the DRM between the Sr.DEE (OP/TRO) and Sr.DME(EnHM) or Freight or as the case may be.
i) The same strategy as at 2(e) above shall be followed in non-electrified Divisions once Sr.DEE(OP/TRO) is posted.
3. The breakdown staff is generally provided by C&W and in few cases by Diesel sheds. While this arrangement shall continue and can be streamlined subsequently, the work of breakdown/accident relief should be assigned by the DRM’s normally to a Sr.DME from the coaching side while implementing this order. PCME shall also continue to remain the technical head for breakdown/accident relief works.
5. The implementation of the above all over IR be completed in the next 15 days. Any minor issues that emerge subsequently should be sorted out at the level of GM’s without making any reference to Board.
6. The above issues with the approval of CRB.
Joint Secretary/Railway Board
Related to Your Search:
- Cadre Review of Drawing Staff Cadre (Civil/Electrical) of CPWD
- Educational qualification for recruitment to Group ‘C’ posts in Track Machine Organization (TMO) Departments on the Railways
- Railway Board Orders – Introduction of Mechatronics Trade at DLW, Varanasi
- Indian Railways conceives to deploy “Drone” cameras in all its Zones/Divisions to enhance safety and efficiency in train operations
- Employment News Report – Government vacancies from various departments
- Implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC on Over Time Allowance (OTA) preparation a list of those staff coming under the category of Operational Staff
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Protest against decision for private maintenance of Loco Free Train Sets-reg.
- Minimum educational qualification for recruitment of staff from open market in Level-1 of the pay matrix of 7th CPC