Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval to the cadre review of Indian Postal Service (IPoS)
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today granted ex-post facto approval to the proposal for undertaking cadre review of the Indian Postal Service.
The cadre review will enable the Department of Posts to meet the functional requirements and strengthening the cadre structure both in the headquarters and in the field on the basis of functional requirement, which will provide more avenues to earn review and respond effectively to the customer needs, reduce the existing stagnation and improve the career prospects of Indian Postal Service officers.
The proposal will be implemented through measures that include creation of a post of DG(Postal Operations) in the Apex scale, creation of post of Additional DG(Coordination) in the HAG+ scale, one post in HAG level, 5 posts in SAG level and 4 posts at the JAG level, and also increase of 84 posts at JTS level by down-grading from STS and overall decreasing STS posts by 96 for adjustment of new posts proposed to be created, without any overall change in the total number of posts in the cadre.
For undertaking the above exercise, necessary consultations on the CRC recommendations with Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions have been duly completed. The Department of Expenditure have conveyed their ‘no objection’ to the proposal.
Related to Your Search:
- Proposal for introduction of a Non-Functional Scale of Pay Band -3 with Grade Pay Rs. 5400/- to the posts of Postal Superintendents after completion of 4 years of regular service -Department of Posts
- Cabinet approves Cadre Review of Indian Posts & Telecommunications Accounts and Finance Service Group “A”
- Cadre Review of Post & Telegraphs Building Works Service Group A: DoT
- Cabinet approves Cadre Review of 8 organized Group ‘A’ Services in Railways
- Status of Cadre Review proposals processed in DoPT from 1st January, 2011 to 30th April, 2015
- Cabinet approves Cadre Review of Group ‘A’ Executive Officers of Border Security Force
- IT Cadre Restructuring – Distribution of Posts in IRS Cadre
- AIPAEA – POSTAL ACCOUNTS CADRE RESTRUCTURING PROPOSAL ACCEPTED BY POSTAL BOARD
- Cabinet approves Cadre review of Group ‘A’ Executive Cadre of Central Industrial Security Force