Cabinet approves Reservation in Teachers Cadre – The Central Educational Institutions Bill, 2019
Cabinet approves “The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre) Bill, 2019″
University/ college to be considered as one unit based on 200 point roster
7000 existing vacancies to be filled up by direct recruitment in Teachers’ Cadre
The New Bill will be introduced in the forthcoming session of Parliament
12 JUN 2019
Giving a major push to the reforms in Education sector, making it inclusive and keeping in mind the aspirations of the people from different categories, the Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved theintroduction of a Bill namely “The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre) Bill, 2019”.
The Cabinet decision will address the long standing demands of persons belonging to SCs/STs/SEBCs and ensure their rights envisaged under the Constitution. It will also ensure providing of 10% reservation to EWS.
This decision will:
- Allow filling up of more than 7000 existing vacancies by direct recruitment in Teachers’ Cadre with 200 point roster. Ensure compliance of the Constitutional Provisions of Articles 14, 16 and 21.
- Ensure full representation of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes Socially and Educationally Backward Classes and Economically Weaker Sections in direct recruitment in teachers’ cadres.
- Expected to improve the teaching standards in the higher educational institutions by attracting all eligible talented candidates belonging to SCs/ STs/ SEBCs/ EWS.
The Bill will replace “The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre) Ordinance, 2019”. And will be introduced in the forthcoming session of the Parliament.
It will consider the University/ College as one unit restoring earlier reservation system based on 200 point roster. No longer will ‘Department / Subject’ be treated as one unit.
The unit for reservation of posts in direct recruitment in teachers’ cadre will be the University/ Educational Institutions and not the Department.
The Cabinet decision will address the long standing demands of persons belonging to SCs/ STs/ SEBCs and ensure their rights envisaged under the Constitution. It will also ensure providing of 10% reservation to EWS.
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet approves reservation in Teachers Cadre Ordinance, 2019
- UGC Letter reg: Implementation of Reservation Policy of the Government of India
- Cabinet approves revised pay scales of teachers and equivalent academic staff in Universities/Colleges & centrally funded technical institutions
- 20% teachers posts vacant in higher educational institutions
- DoPT Reservation for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
- Reservation in Promotion – Roster Point based, not Vacany based – Confederation
- RESERVATION REGISTERS AND ROSTER REGISTERS
- Reservation Provisions for SC/ST/OBC – Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Retirement age 65 : Cabinet today approved the proposal to relax the condition of enhancement of age of superannuation of teachers to 65