Cabinet approves reservation in Teachers’ Cadre Ordinance, 2019
07 MAR 2019
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for promulgation of “The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre) Ordinance, 2019” considering the University/ College as a unit instead of ‘Department/ Subject’.
This decision is expected to improve the teaching standards in the higher educational institutions to attract all eligible talented candidates.
This decision will allow filling up of more than 5000 vacancies by direct recruitment in Teachers’ Cadre duly ensuring that the Constitutional Provisions of Articles 14, 16 and 21 shall be complied with and stipulated reservation criteria for the Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Socially and Educationally Backward Classes are met with.
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet approves Reservation in Teachers Cadre – The Central Educational Institutions Bill, 2019
- 20% teachers posts vacant in higher educational institutions
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- Direct Recruitment to Group C – Reservation Fixed on the basis of Population
- To fill up the backlog reserved vacancies of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and OBCs: Review of the Special Recruitment Drive launched
- Reservation for Scheduled Castes
- Reservation Provisions for SC/ST/OBC – Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Central Government Departments / Ministries – Reservation Policy
- 10% Reservations for EWS in Railway Recruitment