Cabinet approves Mau-Tarighat New Railway line project
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has given its approval for a new broad gauge line between Mau Station of North Eastern Railway and Tarighat Terminal station of East Central Railway. The total length of this new broad gauge line will be 51 kilometers.
The estimated cost of the project is Rs.1765.92 crore and expected completion cost is Rs.2109.07 crore with 5 percent escalation per annum. The project is likely to be completed in the next six years during 12th and 13th Plan period.
This project will provide alternative, shorter convenient and better transport infrastructure to the area separated by river Ganga so as to remove the transport difficulties in the area and to boost the socio economic development. The catchment area of project line will serve passenger requirement and will facilitate the people of the area for travelling to different parts of the country. In addition, this new line will provide an alternative route connecting Northern and East Central railway via NE Railway. This project line has huge potential in enhancing railway traffic and also gives opportunity to develop this area by providing more efficient transportation system.
The new line crosses the river Ganges at the downstream of existing road bridge for NH 97 and is located almost parallel to it and joins the existing BG line from Tarighat to Dildar Nagar. This line will be alternative route for train passing from Howrah to New Delhi and back. Construction of this line will provide a link to Allahabad-Patna double line electrified section. It will also decongest the Allahabad-Mugalsarai-Patna route particularly around Mugalsarai yard.
Related to Your Search:
- Big Boost to the Railway Sector: CCEA approves construction of additional Railway lines
- Cabinet approves Revised Cost Estimate for setting up of India Post Payments Bank
- Punjab Government to switch over E-office in government departments
- Bihar’s staff, pensioners’ dearness allowance up 10%
- Implementation of Pass Rules and grant of travel facility on privilege pass as per the choice of pass holder – Railway Board’s clarification
- Demarcation of CGHS Patna covered area under CGHS Wellness Centre
- Cabinet approves 5% additional DA/DR to Central Government employees due July, 2019
- Proposal for alternative pension scheme in lieu of the existing CPF Scheme
- Cabinet approves modifications in the 7th CPC recommendations on pay and pensionary benefits