Cabinet approves disinvestment of 10% paid up equity of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd. (HUDCO)
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for disinvestment of 10% paid up equity of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd. (HUDCO) out of Government of India’s shareholding of 100% through Initial Public Offering (IPO) in the domestic market as per the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Rules and Regulation.
The paid up equity capital of HUDCO is Rs.2001.90 crore and Government of India owns 100% 0f the equity at present. Net worth of the Company is approximately Rs. 7,800 Cr.
HUDCO was incorporated on 25th April 1970 as a wholly owned Government of India Enterprise under the administrative control of Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation with the objective of providing long term finance for construction of houses for residential purposes. It also finances and undertakes housing and urban development projects in the country.
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of Income Criteria for Eligibility Under Various Housing Schemes
- Defects in Dwelling Units Constructed by CGEWHO
- EPFO signs MoU with HUDCO under new Housing Scheme of EPF & MP Act-1952
- Current status of Chennai Phase-II Housing Project
- Cabinet approves listing of certain unlisted CPSEs on Stock Exchange
- Clarifications regarding House Building Advance
- Change of Floor for Disabled Persons by DDA
- Cabinet approves the strategic disinvestment procedure and mechanism for CPSEs – their delegation
- Rates of room charges of Holiday Homes and Touring Officer Hostel under M/O Urban Development- Revision thereof.