Cabinet approved improvements in the Defence Pay Matrix in Some Levels
The Cabinet approved further improvements in the Defence Pay Matrix by enhancing Index of Rationalisation for Level 13A (Brigadier) and providing for additional stages in Level 12A (Lieutenant Colonel), 13 (Colonel) and 13A (Brigadier) in order to bring parity with Combined Armed Police Forces (CAPF) counterparts at the maximum of the respective Levels.
Some other decisions impacting the employees including Defence & Combined Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel include :
- Gratuity ceiling enhanced from Rs. 10 to 20 lakh. The ceiling on gratuity will increase by 25 % whenever DA rises by 50 %.
- A common regime for payment of Ex-gratia lump sum compensation for civil and defence forces personnel payable to Next of Kin with the existing rates enhanced from Rs. 10-20 lakh to 25-45 lakh for different categories.
- Rates of Military Service Pay revised from Rs. 1000, 2000, 4200 & 6000 to 3600, 5200, 10800 & 15500 respectively for various categories of Defence Forces personnel.
- Terminal gratuity equivalent of 10.5 months of reckonable emoluments for Short Service Commissioned Officers who will be allowed to exit Armed Forces any time between 7 and 10 years of service.
- Hospital Leave, Special Disability Leave and Sick Leave subsumed into a composite new Leave named ‘Work Related Illness and Injury Leave’ (WRIIL). Full pay and allowances will be granted to all employees during the entire period of hospitalization on account of WRIIL.
Related to Your Search:
- Ex-servicemen status to retired personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
- Govt reply on CAPF’s demands regarding One Rank One Pension and Ex-Servicemen Status
- No induction of Ex-servicemen in the Central Armed Forces (CAPF) at present
- ‘Shaheed’ not defined in defence or central forces: Government
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved hike in scholarships for armed forces staff
- Grant of Family Pension and gratuity to the eligible member of the family of an employee/pensioner/family pensioner reported missing-consolidated instructions regarding
- Central government to change the ceiling for tax free gratuity
- Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief Under 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission: Retired central govt employees to get minimum pension Rs 9,000