Cabinet approval on 7th CPC House Rent Allowance
7th CPC House Rent Allowance
House Rent Allowance
HRA is currently paid @ 30% for X (population of 50 lakh & above), 20% for Y (5 to 50 lakh) and 10% for Z (below 5 lakh) category of cities. 7th CPC has recommended reduction in the existing rates to 24% for X, 16% for Y and 8% for Z category of cities.
As the HRA at the reduced rates may not be sufficient for employees falling in lower pay bracket, it has been decided that HRA shall not be less than ₹5400, ₹3600 and ₹1800 for X, Y and Z category of cities respectively. This floor rate has been calculated @ 30%, 20% and 10% of the minimum pay of ₹18000. This will benefit more than 7.5 lakh employees belonging to Levels 1 to 3.
7th CPC had also recommended that HRA rates will be revised upwards in two phases to 27%, 18% and 9% when DA crosses 50% and to 30%, 20% and 10% when DA crosses 100%. Keeping in view the current inflation trends, the Government has decided that these rates will be revised upwards when DA crosses 25% and 50% respectively. This will benefit all employees who do not reside in government accommodation and get HRA.
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet Decision on 7th CPC HRA – Shocking News for Central government Employees
- 7th Pay Commission Fitment Factor and House Rent Allowance – No Change Therein is Envisaged
- Will the HRA rise for Central government employees in July 2020? – HRA July 2020
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) : Report of the Committee on Allowances
- Enhanced 7th CPC HRA benefit only 15 Slabs for lower levels
- 7th Pay Commission to propose higher HRA
- 7th CPC recommendations to reduce House Rent Allowance
- Analysis and Recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on House Rent Allowance
- Demand to calculate House Rent Allowance based on Census 2011 should gain prominence..!