Cabinet accepts both two options for fixation of 7th CPC Revised Pension
7th CPC Recommended following Two options for fixation of Revised Pension.
1. Pay Scale on Retirement and Number of Increment Earned in the scale of Retiring Grade will be taken for fixation of Pension
In this method Pension will be fixed in the Pay Matrix on the basis of the Pay Band and Grade Pay at which they retired.
2. Using Multiplication Factor 2.57
Existing Basic Pension to be multiplied by 2.57.
When the NJCA met the Cabinet Secretary, they observed that Govt is not going to accept second option due to non-availability of Records to verify their Pay Level at the retiring stage. Objections were raised by Pensioners Association to this move and they requested the government to retain both two options to avoid disparity between Pre 2016 and Post 2016 Pensioners.
The Central government in principle accepted the two options recommended for fixation of Revised Pension. But to address the issues anticipated when implementation in process, govt decided to constitute a committee to examine the feasibility of using First Option for fixation of Pension. It said, if found feasible, it will be implemented. The Committee has been given four months’ time to submit its report.
The govt decision on Pension related issues is given below
“The general recommendations of the Commission on pension and related benefits have been approved by the Cabinet. Both the options recommended by the Commission as regards pension revision have been accepted subject to feasibility of their implementation. Revision of pension using the second option based on fitment factor of 2.57 shall be implemented immediately. A Committee is being constituted to address the implementation issues anticipated in the first formulation. The first formulation may be made applicable if its implementation is found feasible after examination by proposed Committee which is to submit its Report within 4 months.”
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission Pension revision – Interpretation of Proposed Option 3
- Pensioners Option – 1 Mercilessly Rejected – Confederation
- 3 Options to choose for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners : NFIR
- 5th CPC parity is also beneficial but option-I parity of 7th CPC is more beneficial – confederationhq
- Central Government Pensioners: Appeal for restoration of Option 1 recommended by 7th Central Pay Commission for Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners
- 7th CPC: Fixation of Pension
- 7th CPC Pension Calculation: Option-1 recommended by 7th CPC is rejected
- 7th CPC Pension Calculation : Implementation of First Option after Committee Report
- Committee to look into anomalies of 7th pay panel implementation