Union Budget 2021
Ministry of Defence
Union Budget proposes to set up 100 new Sainik Schools in partnership with NGOs/ private schools/ states
02 FEB 2021
Union Budget for Financial Year 2021-22 has proposed to set up 100 new Sainik Schools in the country, in partnership with NGOs/ private schools/ state-owned schools, etc. Finance Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman had presented the Budget in Parliament on February 01, 2021. The endeavor is to provide schooling opportunities in ‘CBSE Plus’ type of educational environment by involving desirous Government/ Private schools/NGOs to partner in establishing/aligning their system with Sainik Schools’ ethos, value system, and national pride. It envisages enrolling existing/upcoming schools to be run on the lines of Sainik Schools’ curriculum.
All 100 schools are proposed to be affiliated to Sainik Schools Society. Such affiliated Sainik Schools will be provided with part financial support to incentivise the effort.
The aim of establishing Sainik Schools is to prepare children academically, physically and mentally for entry into the National Defence Academy and to develop qualities of body, mind and character which will enable the young boys to become good and useful citizens.
At present, there are 33 Sainik Schools functioning all over the country. From the academic session 2021-22, girl candidates are also eligible for admission to Class VI in all 33 Sainik Schools.
New Sainik Schools
11 DEC 2019
Government is considering to set up new sainik schools in various states across the country. Status of proposals for opening of new Sainik Schools requested by different States is as under:-
|1||Amethi||Uttar Pradesh||Will commence w.e.f. 01.04.2020|
|2||Sambalpur||Odisha||Will commence w.e.f. 01.04.2020|
|3||Alwar||Rajasthan||Memorandum of Agreement signed|
|4||Rudraprayag||Uttarakhand||Memorandum of Agreement signed|
|5||Warangal||Telangana||Memorandum of Agreement signed|
Related to Your Search:
- New Sainik Schools in collaboration with NGOs, private schools, and state governments
- Karnataka is establishing a new Sainik school – PIB
- Defence – New Sainik Schools
- Number of Sainik Schools currently functional in the country, State/ UT-wise – Defence
- Teachers of Government schools can now directly apply for National Teachers Award – Shri Prakash Javadekar
- 1002 KVS Schools affiliated with CBSE
- Defence – Reservation in Sainik School – 27% reservation for OBCs
- Further Rs.1,000 Crore for OROP: Budget 2014-15 – Defence allocation raised to Rs.2,29,000 crore
- PFRDA publishes new status of subscribers of National Pension Scheme as on March, 2013