BSNL Employees Union: Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger
BSNL Employees Union published a message about the merger of 50% Dearness allowance to Central Government Employees and Pensioners.
The Central Government has already formed the 7th Pay Commission for it’s employees. The Commission will recommend wage revision for the 50 lakh Central Government employees, as well as pension revision for the 30 lakh pensioners.
As per media reports, the Government may merge 50% DA with the basic pay, for which the unions are hard pressing the Government. As of now, the Central Government employees are getting 90% DA. They are going to get another 10% DA increase from next month, which will take their total DA to 100% of pay. The normal practice is that DA will be merged with pay, when it reaches 50%. Merger of 50% DA with basic pay was done by the 5th Pay Commission, while the 6th Pay Commission refused to do so. Now, as per media reports, the Government is likely to make a proposal in this regard to the terms of reference for the 7th Pay Commission.
In respect of the BSNL employees, the BSNLEU has already raised the demand that 50% IDA should be merged with the basic pay. The recently held Rajkot CEC meeting of BSNLEU has passed a resolution, strongly demanding 50% IDA merger.
Related to Your Search:
- Whether Cabinet Approved Merger of DA with Basic Pay today(28.2.2014)..?
- Merger of 50% DA with Pay and Pension for BSNL Employees and Pensioners
- Cabinet approves Revision of pension of BSNL Pensioners Removing Anomalies
- Revision of pension of BSNL pensioners/ family pensioners, who retired prior to 10.06.2013 by allowing the benefit of merger of 50% DA/ DR with Basic Pay/ pension, effectively amounting to 78.2% DA/ DR for the purpose of fitment
- Important problems relating to BSNL recovery
- 7th Pay Commission may recommend in its interim report to merge 50% of DA with basic pay..!
- 50% DA MERGER – Impact of Merger of 50% Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay
- BSNL Employees Union writes to Corporate Office for payment of 20% HRA to Vellore, Tamil Nadu Circle
- Cabinet hikes DA to 100%, salary may increase by 30%