BSNL: Clarification regarding date of effect of retirement in case of Voluntary Retirement
BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
(A Govt of India Enterprise)
BSNL Corporate Office
Pension Section, 5th floor,
Bharat Sanchar Bhawan
H.C. Mathur Lane, New Delhi-110001
All Heads of Circles/Telecom Districts/Regions/
Projects/Telecom Stores/ Telecom Factories
and other Administrative Offices
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
Sub: Clarification regarding date of effect of retirement in case of Voluntary Retirement.
I am directed to forward herewith a copy of letter No. 40-27/2017-Pen(T) dated- 04/12/2017 received from Under Secretary, DoT alongwith a copy of notification dated 21/ 12/2012 issued by DOP&PW.
2. DoT in their above referred letter has clarified that Rule 5 (2) of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 previously included a proviso as per which the date of retirement in case of a Government Servant who is retired prematurely or who retires voluntarily, shall be treated as a non-working day has been amended by DoP&PW and omitted the proviso with effect from 01/01/1996 by a notification dated 21/ 12/2012 issued by DOP&PW. Consequently, for all cases of retirement, the last day shall be treated as a working day.
3. Accordingly, the modifications issued by DOP&PW notified on 21/ 12/2012 may be considered while issuing orders of voluntary retirements.
Asstt. General Manager (Estt.I)
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners / family pensioners — Revised rate effective from 01 January 2013 – BSNL Orders
- BSNL – Basic Pay plus Dearness Allowance drawn by the employees on the effective date of voluntary retirement
- BSNL Employees: All India LTC facility will remain frozen for all BSNL Employees till further orders.
- BSNL VRS 2019 – Immediate settlement of pending issues in respect of retired BSNL employees
- BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme Implementation 2019 and timely settlement of pension cases
- Clarification on Compassionate Ground Appointment BSNL
- BSNL ORDERS : Revised table for fixation of Pay as on 01.01.2007 for the purpose of 50% DA merger to BSNL employees
- Delay in pension revision allowing the benefit of merger of 50% DA/DR for BSNL Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Extension of CGHS facilities to retired BSNL employees – DoT Order