Brief of the second meeting of the Committee on Allowances held today under the chairmanship of Secretary, Finance(Expenditure), Government of India
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint Consultative Machinery
for Central Government Employees
Shiva Gopal Mishra
Dated: September 1, 2016
All Constituents of
Sub: Brief of the second meeting of the Committee on Allowances held today under the chairmanship of Secretary, Finance(Expenditure), Government of India
To obtain the views of the National Council(Staff Side)(JCM) on the recommendations of 7th CPC relating to Allowances, the second meeting of the Committee on Allowances held today under the chairmanship of Secretary, Finance(Expenditure), Government of India, with the National Council(Staff Side) JCM.
From the Official Side, Secretary(Defence), Home, DoP&T, Postal, Chairman Railway Board, J.S.(Estt.), J.S.(Pers.) and J.S.(IC), and from Staff Side(JCM), all the Standing Committee Members were present in the meeting.
At the outset, Secretary(Staff Side)(JCM) as well as Leader(Staff Side)(JCM) and other Standing Committee Member of the NC/JCM(Staff Side) expressed their anguish for non-formation of High Level Committee as was agreed to by the Group of Ministers(Government of India) for settling the issue of Minimum Wage and Multiplying Factor.
The Secretary, Finance(Expenditure) told that, the committee constituted under the chairmanship of Addl. Secretary(Exp.) with J.S.(Pers.), JS(Estt.) and JS(Imp.) as Members has been made only for this purpose. Let us believe that, after the meeting, report of the said committee would be sent to the Government of India for its acceptance.
The Secretary, Finance(Expenditure) asked the Staff Side(JCM) to give their viewpoint in a Note on the Common Demands to implement these, and the Departmental grievances to their respective departments, and after that, a meeting will again be called.
Staff Side(JCM) strongly demanded that, date of effect of Allowance should be 01.01.2016. The Staff Side(JCM) explained its position as well about its demand that, House Rent Allowance should be 10%, 20% and 30% and Transport Allowance must be rationalized and exempted from the Income Tax, Children Education Allowance should be Rs.3,000 and Hostel Subsidy should be Rs.10,000 and these should also be exempted from the Income Tax.
Staff Side demanded that, Post Graduate and Professional Courses should also be covered in Children Education Allowance. The issue of Special Duty Allowance was also raised for N.E. Region by the Standing Committee Members of JCM(Staff Side). Fixed Medical Allowance should be Rs.2,000 with Dearness Allowance Indexation, Over Time Allowance must be given, Small Family Allowance should be continued and Dress Allowance needs to be reviewed. Various Departmental Allowances, which have been abolished, should be allowed to continue, like Breakdown Allowance in the Railways and Fixed Conveyance Allowance to Postal Department employees. All the Standing Committee Members raised various issues related to Allowances.
This is for your information.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Secretary Staff Side
Source : ncjcmstaffside
Related to Your Search:
- Meeting of Committee on Allowances held on 25.10.2016 : NC JCM Staff Side
- Preliminary Staff Side meeting of the Standing Committee members will be held on 1.3.2016
- 7th Pay Commission – Second meeting on Allowances on 01.09.2016
- Meeting Of the Standing Committee of National Council (JCM)
- Minutes of Meeting of SC of National Council (JCM) Staff Side with DoPT on 9.10.2015
- INDWF: Discussion Points of National Anomaly Committee Meeting held on 9.6.2015
- 7th Pay Commission: Central Govt employees to discuss allowances on October 24 and 25
- Second Meeting of Group of Senior Officers to discuss the grievances arising out of recommendations related to 7th Central Pay Commission
- NC JCM(Staff Side) has decided to meet all standing committee members before the final Meeting with 7th Pay Commission