Brief of the meeting held under the Chairmanship of Secretary (Pension), Government of India, to discuss 7th CPC recommendation for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint Consultative Machinery For Central Government Employees
13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi
No. NC/JCM/20 16
Dated: October 6, 2016
Sub: Brief of the meeting held under the Chairmanship of Secretary (Pension), Government of India on 06.10.2016, to discuss 7th CPC recommendation for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners
In the meeting, referred to above, the Official Side expressed doubt to have details of service particulars, i.e. date of promotion and subsequent increment etc., specially pre- 01.01.2006 retirees. As such, it may not be feasible to fix-up pension, taking into account of increment received in the post from which one has retired from service.
As per opinion of the Secretary (Pension), “if recommendation No.1 is accepted, Service Record of certain persons may not be located. This will lead to number of litigations. However, we have produced certain pension dockets wherein all these things are available (where calculation of Qualifying Service was undertaken) and such option should be left with individual pensioner as per ones advantage. The Official Side lastly suggested that, parity in pension, as was granted after the recommendation of V CPC, w.e.f. 01.01.1996, may be adopted for determining the method (notional) of all pre-01.01.2016 pensioners.
Next meeting in this regard will be held at 10:00 hrs. on 13th October, 2016. Further, the matter of National Pension System (NPS) will be referred to a separate committee. We have impressed upon the Secretary (Pension) that, four months time is running out. As such, decision on revision of pension of pre-01.01.2016 retirees and the matter of the NPS should be decided without any further loss of time. Meeting on Allowances, which was slated to be held on 13th October, 2016, has been postponed to 25th October, 2016.
(Rakhal Das Gupta)
Source: NC JCM Staff Side
Related to Your Search:
- 3 Options to choose for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners : NFIR
- Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners: Another meeting on 17.10.2016
- Minutes of the Seventh meeting of the Committee set up to examine feasibility of implementation of recommendation of 7th CPC for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners held on 17.10.2016
- Brief of the meeting with the Secretary(Pension) held on 3.6.2016 – NC JCM Staff Side
- Meeting of the Committee set up to examine feasibility of implementation of recommendations of 7th CPC for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners
- Minutes of Meeting of SC of National Council (JCM) Staff Side with DoPT on 9.10.2015
- Option 1 recommended by 7th CPC for the revision of pension/family pension of Pre 2016 retirees DENIED
- Meeting with the Staff Side (JCM) on the recommendations of the 7th CPC and their implementation
- Meeting of National Council JCM (Staff Side) with 7th Pay Commission on 23, 24 March 2015