Booking of Railway Tickets through Mobile Phones without internet connection
IRCTC launches pilot project for railway ticketing through Mobile phones without internet facility
A pilot project of ticketing through non-internet based mobile phones has been launched by IRCTC on Ist July 2013. The salient features of the scheme are as follows:-
There is no need of internet at any stage, viz. booking, payment, cancellation etc.
The user gets ticket details Short Messaging Service (SMS) instantly.
SMS along with Photo Identity Card in original can be used to travel, no printout of the ticket is required.
The steps taken to popularize the booking of tickets through non-internet based mobile phones through SMS mode are as follows:
- Publication in leading newspapers.
- Distribution of brochures about SMS booking.
- Sending details of the scheme through e-mail to all registered users of IRCTC.
- Display of message on the website of IRCTC.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today
Related to Your Search:
- Railways to Launch Ticket Booking through Non-Internet based Mobile Phones with Effect from 1st July 2013
- IRCTC DEDICATES ANDROID APP FOR TRAIN PASSENGERS
- IRCTC to launch new App for faster booking of tickets
- Indian Railways to launch App tomorrow for paperless ticketing in unreserved category
- Railway Reservation System to be Revamped: Supports 7200 tickets per minute & 1,20,000 users at any point in time
- SMS & USSD Based Ticketing System – Non Internet based Mobile ticket booking for train journey
- IRCTC E-Ticket Booking : Rolling Deposit Scheme (RDA) for quick booking through internet
- Restriction of only one booking in one user login session in case of e-ticketing
- Change in timings for booking train tickets through internet – Railway Board Orders on 18.9.2015