Nitish Kumar government announces pre-election bonanza, hikes DA for employees, pensioners.
Patna: The Nitish Kumar government in Bihar today announced a pre-election sop for government employees and pensioners by hiking Dearness Allowance by six to 11 per cent.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting of the state Cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Briefing on the cabinet decisions, Principal Secretary, Cabinet Coordination, Shishir Sinha told reporters the DA has been increased from 107 per cent to 113 per cent for revised salary category for employees.
For those falling under unrevised category (those who could not avail 6th Pay Commission because of some service related dispute) the DA was raised from 212 per cent to 223 per cent, Sinha said.
For both categories, which constitute about four lakh employees, the hiked DA would be applicable with effect from January 1 this year, the principal secretary said.
The government would incur an additional financial burden of Rs 821 crore annually due to hike in the DA, he added.
The Bihar cabinet also approved a total of 24 agendas of different departments today.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission award to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh crore in FY 16-17
- Cabinet Approved 3% Additional DA from Jan 2019 for Central Government Employees and Pensioners
- Cabinet Committee May Decide 7th Pay Commission Report On 29.6.2016 (Tomorrow)
- CABINET APPROVES 8% HIKE IN DEARNESS ALLOWANCE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND PENSIONERS…
- HIGHLIGHTS OF 7TH PAY COMMISSION RECOMMENDATIONS CLEARED BY GOVERNMENT
- 7% HIKE IN DEARNESS ALLOWANCE FOR CENTRAL STAFF…CABINET APPROVES
- Release of additional installment of dearness allowance to Central Government employees and dearness relief to Pensioners, due from 1.7.2013
- Bihar’s staff, pensioners’ dearness allowance up 10%
- Cabinet approved terms of reference for 7th CPC, including merger of 50 per cent DA with basic pay