Benefits of Sixth Pay Commission to Govt employees who retired before 1.1.2006
Benefits of Sixth Pay Commission to retirees…
A question has been raised in the Parliament regarding the benefits of 6th CPC to the employees who retired before 1.1.2006, the Dopt Minister Shri V.Narayanasamy replied that the orders for implementation of the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations of 6th CPC for revision for pension of past pensioners were issued vide this Department’s Office Memorandum(OM) dated 1.9.2008. The provisions of Para 4.2 of this OM were clarified vide this Department’s letter dated 3.10.2008.
The Central Administrative Tribunal, Principal Bench, New Delhi in its order dated 1.11.2011 observed that by the OM dated 3.10.2008 the original orders of 1.9.2008 have been modified. Hon’ble CAT directed that the past pensioners may be granted, w.e.f. 1.1.2006, a minimum pension @ 50% of the minimum pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale with reference to the fitment table applicable for revision of pay of serving employees.
Writ Petitions were filed in the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi challenging the above mentioned order.
In its order dated 29.4.2013, the Hon’ble Delhi High Court has upheld the order dated 1.11.2011. After considering the order of Hon’ble High Court of Delhi and various representations received in this regard, Special Leave Petition was filed by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare filed an SLP in the Hon’ble Supreme Court against this order. This SLP came up for hearing on 29.7.2013 and was dismissed and the Review Petition was also dismissed.
Union of India has also filed SLP against the order dated 29.4.2013 in Writ Petitions No.2348/2012, 2349/2012 and 2350/2012 in the Hon’ble Supreme Court which came up for hearing on 19.11.2013. The Hon’ble Supreme Court directed to list the SLP alongwith CA No.8875-8876 of 2011 filed by Ministry of Defence and is now listed for hearing on 4.2.2014. The matter is therefore sub-judice.
Related to Your Search:
- Benefits of Sixth Pay Commission to the employees who retired before 1.1.2006
- Pension from 01 January 2006 rather than 24 September 2012 : Supreme Court dismisses the Review Petition filed by Govt of India
- Supreme Court Order – Benefit of pensioners who retired on 30th June
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders Mar 2015
- Pension Arrears from 01 Jan 2006 as per Court Order: Govt reply in Parliament
- PENSION ARREARS FROM 01.01.2006 AS PER COURT ORDER: GOVERNMENT REPLY IN PARLIAMENT
- Pension Revision Who are absorbed in Central Public Sector Undertakings – Confederation
- Government employee can’t seek promotion after refusing it: Supreme Court
- OROP: One Rank One Pension Scheme should be implemented with in six weeks – Hon’ble Supreme Court