GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
New Delhi, Dated : 04.o3.2020
The GMs/ Principal Financial Advisors,
All Zonal Railways/ Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Subject: Counting of service on joining new service in State Government / Central Government / Autonomous Body for the benefit of gratuity in respect of Railway employees covered under National Pension System (NPS).
A copy of Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DOP&PW’s) O.M. No. 7/5/2012-P&PW(F)/B dated 12th February, 2020 is enclosed herewith for compliance and guidance. These instructions shall apply mutatis mutandis on the Railways also. Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 correspond to the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993.
The Railway Board’s instructions corresponding to the DOP&PW’s instructions referred to in their aforesaid O.M. dated 12th February, 2020 are given under :-
|S. No.||DOP & PW’s instructions||Railway Board’s corresponding instructions.|
|1.||O.M. No. 38/41/06 -P&PW(A) dated 05.05.2009||Letter No. 2008/ AC-II/21/19 dated 29.05.2009.|
|2.||O.M. No.7/5/2012 -P&PW(F)/B dated 26.08.2016||Letter No. 2012/ F(E)III/1(1)/4 dated 05.09.2016.|
(G. Priya Sudarsani)
Director, Finance (Estt.)
D.A.: as above
New Delhi, dated: 04 . 03.2020.
Copy to Deputy Comptroller and Auditor General of India (Railways), Room No. 224, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
For Financial Commissioner / Railways
Related to Your Search:
- Railways: Revision of pension w.e.f. 01.01.2006 of Pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500 to Rs. 10500
- NPS to Railway Services Pension Rules 1993 Whose appointment was finalized before 01.01.2004 but who joined the Railway Service on or after 01.01.2004
- Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension
- Regulation of pension and other retirement benefits of Railway servants who were on Extraordinary leave / unauthorized absence / suspension as on 01.01.2016 and retired / died thereafter without joining duty
- Relaxation of Rule 96 of Railway Services Pension Rules, 1993 for payment of provisional Family Pension on death of a Government Servant during service
- Revision of Additional Relief on death/disability of Government servants covered under New Pension Scheme (NPS) in pursuance of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th CPC
- Dispensing with the requirement of BSR code of Bank from the pension claim forms – Railways
- Railways: Supply of copy of Service Cards to Gazetted Officers – reg. (RBA No. 19/2019)
- 7th CPC- revision of Pension of Pre-2016 retired medical officers