Banks confirm participation in September 2 general strike nationwide
Bank employees and officers associations have confirmed their participation in the nationwide general strike to be held on September 2.
In a press release, CH Venkatachalam, the General Secretary of All India Bank Employees Association, said,
“The Centre is following anti-worker and anti-welfare policies. Serious damage is being particularly caused to workers’ rights. The Centre is trying to appease the capitalists and industrialists at the cost of the workers and the rest of the society.
“Reforms are being brought to the labour laws in favour of the management. The rights of the workers and labour unions are being taken away. Excessive overseas investments are being allowed into the railways, defence, and finance sectors. New jobs are not being created as much as they should be. The Centre is also not taking any steps to regulate the prices of essential commodities.
“The central workers union has called for a nationwide strike on September 2 to condemn this attitude of the Centre. Bank officers and employees’ unions will participate in this strike.”
Related to Your Search:
- Central trade unions will announce one-day nationwide strike on September 2
- CITU cnogratulates the bank and Central Govt Employees for their Contrywide two Days Strike Action
- September 2 nationwide strike to be bigger than last years: Unions
- All India General Strike by Central Trade Unions – 2nd September, 2016
- Government hikes minimum wage; Unions stick to Sept 2 strike call
- ALL INDIA GENERAL STRIKE ON 8th January 2020 – Confederation
- Central Trade Unions reiterate countrywide General Strike on 2nd September 2016 – Press Statement
- Nationwide Bank Strike for 2 days starting tomorrow
- Out of 12 Central Trade Unions, Seven Unions went on strike – PIB Report