Bank Holidays Hit Central Employees To Get Salary
New Delhi: Central government employees are in for a rude shock as the new financial year begins on April 1. Their salaries for March is likely to be delayed by a week as Public sector banks will be closed from today to April 3, followed by the weekend, in many parts of the country.
A government employee said, “Every month our salary gets credited to our bank account up to the last working day of that month except March. March salary is passed by DDO on the first working day of April from new budget, salary of March gets credited to our accounts on April 2 due to the annual closing of Banks on April 1.”
“This year , on April 2, the banks will remain shut because of Mahavir Jayanti, followed by the holiday for Good Friday on April 3. The next day being a Saturday, an off day for central government employees.The banks will be closed the next day, on April 5, because it’s a Sunday. Accordingly, central government employees are likely to get salary of the March’ 2015 only on April 6 or 7,” he added.
However, these holidays differ from one State to the other, and not all will have consecutive holidays.
Information posted on the website of the Indian Banks’ Association says Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh will have continuous holidays from April 1 to 3, while in other States, some banks will work on April 2 and some others on April 3.
It is interesting to note that the central government didn’t announce 6 per cent hike in Dearness Allowance (DA) payable to its employees and pensioners from January 1 this year as the revised Consumer Price Index-Industrial Workers data for December 2014 was released by Labour Ministry.
Read continue : www.tkbsen.in
Related to Your Search:
- EPFO – Payment of Pension to EPS 95 pensioners on the last working day of the month
- Request for payment of salary to the employees & payment of pension on 01.04.2017
- Request for payment of salary to the employees on 27.4.2018 due to continuous Bank Holidays from 28th to 30th April,2018
- Likely increase of salary for bank employees
- Bank strike delay of disbursal of September month Salary to the Central Government Employees
- Second and fourth Saturdays to be bank holidays, Remaining Saturdays will be full working days
- Payment of Salary to Central Government Employees on 29th May 2018 due to Bank Strike
- Disbursement of salary for the month of February 2017 on 27th February 2017 on account of nation-wide bank strike on 28th February 2017
- Disbursement of salary for the month of February 2017 on 27th February 2017