Bank Employees Wage Revision
UFBU Meeting 12.12.2018
In today’s UFBU meeting the discussion revolved around two issues:
A) The issue of extending fraternal support by UFBU constituents to AIBOC on 21st December’18.
B) The view of all constituents on the decision of AIBOC of not taking part in further talks, and also to seek opinion of each affiliate whether they would be taking part in talks should IBA convene any meeting.
On the first issue, there was no unanimity amongst constituents, hence, UFBU Convenor left the decision to individual affiliates.
We are happy to share that some affiliates openly expressed their support and also agreed to join the Dharna at Delhi scheduled on 14th December’18
AIBOC also categorically stated that in future we will also take a call on extending fraternal support, should any affiliate call for a strike or announce any agitational program.
On the second issue, all other affiliates expressed that they would be joining future talks.
UFBU Convenor, requested AIBOC to reconsider the decision of not taking part in further talks.
During the deliberation, AIBOC clarified it’s position that we are firm and resolute in our stand of going ahead with the strike and not taking part in further talks unless the mandate issue was settled.
We also expressed that after assessing the impact of our strike, we will take stock, discuss with all our affiliates and chalk out our future course of action.