The United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU) consisting of nine trade unions across the country representing 10 lakh bank employees and officers would observe the strike.
They are pressing for various demands including not to privatise public sector banks and increase private capital in such banks, and also protesting against FDI in banking sector.
Besides, the unions oppose move to privatise regional rural banks, co-operative banks, consolidate and merging banks among others, All India Bank Employees Association (AIBEA) General Secretary C H Venkatachalam said in a statement.
The decision to go on strike was taken at the meeting here organised by UFBU.
Related to Your Search:
- Strike by Bank Employees on 18th December 2013 – IBA Notice
- Two day strike Banking ops partially affected due to trade union strike
- PSU bank staff to go on two-day strike from Feb 20
- AIBOA Strike on 12th and 13th July 2016
- Bank Employees Wage Revision – UFBU not satisfied with IBA’s offer, to go on strike
- Bank Employees to get 15% increase in wages – Strike from 25th Feb called off – 10th Bipartite Wage Settlement
- Bank Strike today (Sep 2, 2015) – a Massive Success
- Impacts of two days Banks Strike on 20th & 21st Feb, 2013
- Notice of Strike by UFBU on 18th December 2013