Bank Employees to get 15% increase in wages – Strike from 25th Feb called off – 10th Bipartite Wage Settlement
PSU bank employee unions withdraw strike call, settle wages: Economic Times
NEW DELHI: Employee unions of public sector banks today withdrew their strike call following an agreement with the management on 15 per cent wage hike.
“In today’s talks, wage revision settled at 15 per cent with effect from November 2012,” United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU) Convener M V Murali said.
The bank unions had threatened to go on 4-day nation-wide strike from February 25 demanding 19 per cent hike in wages. The wage hike was due from November 2012.
At a meeting today in Mumbai, PSU banks employee unions and bank management, Indian Banks’ Association (IBA), agreed on 15 per cent wage hike and entered into an agreement for it.
National Organisation of Bank Workers (NOBW) Vice President Ashwini Rana said: “We are not happy as our expectation was that bank staff would get what was given to them last time — 17.5 per cent increase in wages”.
The bank employees will now also get holidays on two Saturdays in a month.
“Long pending demand of holiday on second and fourth Saturdays for the bank employees have also been reached,” AIBEA General Secretary C H Venkatachalam said.
Last week, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had appealed to bank employee unions to call off their strike as talks were on for a revision of wages of employees.
The Minister said banks are already in negotiations with their unions and associations for wage settlement and “the bipartite negotiations in a cordial manner is the only available tool for settlement”.
The wage revision of public sector bank employees has been due since November 2012.
Earlier, unions had deferred one-day strike scheduled for January 7 as IBA improved the wage hike offer to 12.5 per cent from 11 per cent earlier.
There are 27 public sector banks in the country with a combined employee strength of about 8 lakh. There are about 50,000 branches of these banks across the country.
Read at Economic Times
Related to Your Search:
- FinMin seeks status report on pay revision talks from public sector banks
- Representatives of Bank employees meet FM on wage revision issue
- PSU bank staff to go on two-day strike from Feb 20
- Finance Minister asks bank employees not to participate in strike
- PSU bank employees will soon get pay hike, arrears for 30 months
- Bank employees wage settlement – Bank employees expect early settlement on wage revision
- Second and fourth Saturdays to be bank holidays, Remaining Saturdays will be full working days
- Bank Employees Wage Revision – UFBU not satisfied with IBA’s offer, to go on strike
- Bank Employees Strike on 12th November 2014