Ayurveda Doctors and Yoga Teachers for Rural Areas
06 MAR 2018
The National Policy on Indian Systems of Medicine & Homoeopathy – 2002, envisages integration of AYUSH systems of medicine with the Healthcare Delivery System. Mainstreaming of AYUSH is one of the strategies in National Health Mission (NHM) which seeks to provide accessible, affordable and quality health care in order to improve the existing health care delivery system.
Government of India has adopted a strategy of Co-location of AYUSH facilities at Primary Health Centres (PHCs), Community Health Centres (CHCs) and District Hospitals (DHs), thus enabling choice to the patients for different systems of medicine. The engagement of AYUSH Doctors / paramedics and their training is supported by the Department of Health & Family Welfare, while the support for AYUSH infrastructure, equipment / furniture and medicines are provided by Ministry of AYUSH under Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National AYUSH Mission (NAM).
Further, under NAM, there is provision of AYUSH Wellness Centres including Yoga & Naturopathy which also envisage engagement of Yoga manpower.
This information was given by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, Shri Shripad Yesso Naik in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Administrative Functioning of CGHS Unani
- Cabinet approves the Retirement Age of Doctors increased to 65 years
- CGHS : Extension of Empanelment of AYUSH Hospitals/Centers under CGHS and CS (MA) Rules for Ayurveda, Unani and yoga & Naturopathy treatments/Procedures till 15.12.2017
- Ministry of Railways Observes The International Day of Yoga
- Suspension of empanelment of ‘Bapu Nature Cure Hospital & Yogashram. Mayur Vihar, New Delhi. from the list of AYUSH Hospitals/Centres empanelled under CGHS – reg.
- Minister for Science & Technology Launches Mobile App Celebrating Yoga to connect people through Yoga for scientific healthy living
- Ayush ministry may request centre to declare International Yoga Day a public holiday
- Cabinet approves Strengthening of teaching, patient / clinical care and public health programme implementation – Shifting of more experienced doctors belonging to Central Government and Central government entities to teaching / clinical /Public Health Programme implementation activities
- Promotion Scheme for CGHS Homoeopathic and Unani Doctors