Confederation: Arrears on Allowances including HRA and Transport Allowance is going to be rejected
ARREARS ON ALLOWANCES INCLUDING HRA AND TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE IS GOING TO BE REJECTED:
Now it has become clear that the Government has constituted the Allowance Committee headed by Finance Secretary, mainly to delay the implementation of enhanced allowances and finally deny the arrears by implementing the revised allowance either from 01-01-2017 or from 01-04-2017. The four months time fixed for the Allowance Committee is already extended to six months upto 22-02-2017. Reserve Bank Governor, Dr. Urjit Patel had hinted to the media that the burden of payment of arrears during this financial year will not be there, meaning that Government may not give retrospective effect to the revised allowances. The RBI Governor, Dr. Urjit Patel made the following observations, which is published in the RBI website.
“The extension of two months given to the Ministry of Finance to receive the notification on higher allowances under the Pay Commission’s award could push its fuller effect into the next financial year rather than this financial year”.
Further, the Allowance Committee has not held any negotiation with the JCM Staff Side. It just heard the views of the staff side. The request of the JCM staff side to hold one more meeting with staff side NJCM was not favourably considered by the Finance Secretary, who is the Chairman of the Allowance Committee. No indication is given as to whether the percentage of HRA recommended by 7th CPC will be enhanced to 30%, 20% and 10%. The fate of other allowances are also the same. Unless NJCA take a firm stand and negotiate with the Government by reviving the indefinite strike, the employees will be placed in a desperate and helpless situation, if Government is allowed to unilaterally declare the HRA and other allowances, without retrospective effect from 01-01-2016, and also without much modification, thereby denying crores of rupees as arrears.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th pay commission: Government mulling over higher allowances without arrears
- Finmin: Employees to get higher allowances with retrospective effect 7th Pay Commission
- Central Government fails to implement 7th pay commission arrears on allowances
- Meeting with the Committee on Allowances
- Revised rates of Allowances can be included in 7th Pay Commission Arrears calculation?
- 7th Pay Commission: New allowances to come under income tax
- Inordinate delay in implementation of the report of the Committee on Allowances
- January Salary Of Central Employees To Follow Higher Allowances: Finance Ministry
- Brief of the second meeting of the Committee on Allowances held today under the chairmanship of Secretary, Finance(Expenditure), Government of India