Railway Board Orders : Appointment on Compassionate grounds of dependent of medically unfit staff on the Railways.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 04.03.2014
The General Manager (P)
All Zonal Railways/Production Units etc.
Sub: Appointment on Compassionate grounds of dependent of medically unfit staff on the Railways.
Attention is invited to this Ministry letter No. E(NG)II-84/RCI/105 dated 16.11.1984, stipulating therein, that in cases of medically decategorised / incapacitated Railway employees, a wife is eligible for compassionate ground appointment subject to certain conditions.
Pursuant to the issue raised in PNM/AIRF meeting (Item No. 53/2012), the matter has been reviewed and in supersession of Board’s letter ibid, it has been decided by the Board that in case of medically decategorised / incapacitated employees where compassionate appointment is otherwise permissible, it will be the discretion of the concerned medically decategorised / incapacitated Railway employee to request for a job to either spouse or ward as per his/her choice. Further, in the event of death of the medically unfit employee without making clear his wishes, the first preference for appointment on compassionate ground appointment should be that of spouse as done in case of death.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Director Estt. (N)II
Source : www.indianrailways.gov.in
Related to Your Search:
- Training period of wards of deceased/medically decategorised Railway employees appointed on compassioate grounds as Technician Gr. III in (erstwhile GP 1900/Pay Level-2 of 7th CP)
- Medically incapacitated staff of Railway Protection Force / Railway Protection Special Force may be absorbed in alternative jobs
- Appointment on compassionate grounds of family member of an ex- Railway servant.
- Pensionary benefits of medically decategorised running staff opt for voluntary Retirement
- Appointment on Compassionate Grounds – Railways
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – Relaxation in upper age limit
- Appointment of Compassionate grounds – clarifications orders issued by Railway Board
- Important Questions asked on Compassionate Appointment
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – delegation of powers