Appointment of meritorious Sportspersons in relaxation of the procedure – Dopt Orders
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Dated 24th December, 2014
Subject: Appointment of meritorious Sportspersons in relaxation of the procedure — regarding.
The undersigned is directed to invite reference to Paragraph 3 of this Department’s Office Memorandum No.14015/1/76-Estt.(D) dated 4th August, 1980 on the above subject, as under:
Extant of such recruitment
a) Ministries/Departments of Government of India can recruit meritorious sportsmen in any year in relaxation of the recruitment procedure, to the extent that these including all other reservations under existing orders do not exceed 50% of the total number of vacancies proposed to be filled
by direct recruitment.
b) For the purpose of making appointment of meritorious sportsmen, the appointing authorities may at their discretion notify to the Staff Selection Commission, in all cases where the recruitment to the posts have been entrusted to that Commission, vacancies reduced by upto 5% thereof and may fill such vacancies so held back by appointing meritorious sportsmen subject to the overall limitations mentioned in sub-para (a) above.
2. It has come to the notice of this Department that some Ministries/Departments of Government of India are not adhering to / following the above mentioned provisions / instructions scrupulously. Accordingly, all Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the aforesaid instructions mentioned in the preceding paragraph to the notice of all concerned for appointment of meritorious sports persons to Central Government Civil posts.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Appointment of meritorious Sportspersons in relaxation of the procedure – regarding
- Reservation for sportspersons in services
- Criteria for providing jobs to State and National Level Sports Persons
- Dopt Orders regarding Amendment of Recruitment Rules/Service Rules
- Vacant Posts in Central Government for different Categories
- Filling up of vacant posts in Central Government Ministries / Department – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- Dopt Orders – Delegation of power to relax the educational qualification for appointment in the personal staff of Union Ministers – regarding
- Inclusion of sports disciplines in the list of games for recruitment of meritorious sportspersons to any post in Group ‘C’ in Ministries / Department of Government of India
- Dopt Orders 2013 – Recruitment to Group ‘C’ posts in Pay Band-I, with Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- (pre-revised Group `D’ posts)