Applicability of Goods and Service tax (GST) on Static Catering Services on IR
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi Dated 01.12.2017
The General Managers
All Indian Railways
(Commercial Circular No. 79 of 2017)
Sub: Applicability of Goods and Service tax (GST) on Static Catering Services on IR.
Ref: (i) Commercial Circular No. 78 of 2012 dated 21.12.2012
(ii) Commercial Circular No. 44 of 2017 dated 29.06.2017
(iii) Commercial Circular No. 48 of 2017 dated 30.06.2017
(iv) Board’s letter No. 2016/AC-II/01/Misc./GST (RBS No. 164/20117) dtd 20.11.2017
(v) Board’s letter no. 2017/TG-III/631/6 dated 18/09/2017.
Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue) vide notification No. 11/2017 – Central Tax(Rate) dated 28.06.2017 had issued GST Rate for supply of food and beverage services. Further, vide Notification no. 46/2017-Centrl Tax (Rate) dated 14.11.2017, the aforesaid notification has been amended. The issue of implementation of Goods and Service Tax (GST) on Catering Services on Indian Railway has been examined in consultaion of Finance Commercial Dte. of Railway Board and accordingly, following are advised:-
1. The chargeable GST on catering services in state in catering units / parliament canteen is @ 5% with no Input Tax Credit (ITC).
2. The above GST on catering charges through Static units is applicable w.e.f. 15.11.2017.
3. The rates notified vide Commercial Circular No. 78 of 2012 will remain unchanged after applicability of GST but are now inclusive of GST @ 5% for static catering units.
This issues with the concurrence of Finance Dte. of Railway Board.
Please acknowledge receipt of this letter.
Executive Director (T&C)
Related to Your Search:
- Applicability of Goods and Service Tax (GST) on Catering Services
- Catering Policy 2017: NFIR
- 5% Uniform rate of GST to apply in all railway catering services in trains or on stations
- Railway: Cases of promotion taking place in the pre-revised pay structure between 01-01-2006 and the date of notification of RS(RP)Rules, 2008 and the subsequent merger of the pre-revised pay scales of the promotional and the feeder posts in a common Grade fixation of pay clarifications
- Reservation for SCs and STs in Allotment of Shops/Stalls at Railway Stations
- Handing over of the Railway Catering System to IRCTC
- Procedure for grant of permission to the pensioners for commercial employment after retirement — revision of Form 1
- Revision of advance reservation period for running of Suvidha trains and special trains on special charges
- Revision of the rates of Allowance in lieu of Running room facilities, Shunting Duty Allowance, Trip Allowance and Commercial duty Allowance pay able to the running staff with effect from 1-1-2011.