Annual ceiling for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for CG Employees
Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley said in the Parliament regarding the details of Children Education Allowance as follows…
CHILDREN EDUCATION ALLOWANCE
It has been informed by the Department of Personnel and Training that the annual ceiling limit for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance (CEA) is 18,000/- per child. The Hostel Subsidy shall be 4,500/- per month per child.
The annual ceiling for reimbursement of CEA for disabled children of Government employees is 36,000/- per annum per child and the rates of Hostel Subsidy for disabled children of Government employees is 9,000/- per child per month.
These revisions are applicable with effect from 1st January, 2014. The reimbursement is admissible for the children studying in institutions affiliated to any Board or recognised institution, whether in receipt of Government aid or not, recognised by the Central or State Government or Union Territory Administration or by University or a recognised educational authority having jurisdiction over the area where the institution is situated.
Related to Your Search:
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance-lok sabha Q&A
- Opening of reimbursement of Children education allowance CEA claim for Central Government employees for the academic year 2020-2021
- 7th CPC Children Education Allowance / Hostel subsidy – Jammu and Kashmir Central Government Employees
- Children Education Allowance – Frequently asked questions – Railway Board Orders on 1.6.2015
- 25% Hike in Allowances – Dopt Orders on increase in certain allowances by further 25% Dearness Allowances w.e.f. 1.1.2014
- Grant of Children Education Allowance to mentally disabled to two children in case of first child beins totally mentally disabled
- 7th CPC CEA: Total Claim for Academic Year 2017-18
- Children Education Allowance
- Clarification in respect of grant of Children Education Allowance: 7th CPC