Review of the Income criteria for the dependent parents of Government Employees
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint Consultation Machinory
For Central Government Employees
13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi-110001
E Mail: [email protected]
Shiva Gopal Mishra
Dated: September 26,2019
Government of India
Ministry of Health and family welfare
Sub: Review of the Income criteria for the dependent parents of Government Employees in the wake of the recent legislation of “Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior citizens Act 2007”.
The above demand was discussed as Item No.23 of the Standing Committee meeting of the National Council (JCM) held on 07.03.2019. The extract from the minutes of the above meeting is given below for your kind reference.
‘Staff side Requested to consider removing the enactment of the above act by the Parliament, to enable the dependent of Govt, employees to avail medical treatment, since the act has made it mandatory for the Children to care for their parents at the old age. The CAT Ernakulam Bench has given a judgment in this regard.
Chairman desired that the Min, of Health may review this issue.’
The Ministry of Health have not yet taken a favorable decision to implement the above provisions of the “Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act 2007”. It is therefore requested that since the CAT Ernakulam Judgment was already implemented for the petitioner it is requested that General Government order may please to be issued for extending the benefit of the above Act to all the Central Government employees.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Related to Your Search:
- NC JCM(Staff Side) has decided to meet all standing committee members before the final Meeting with 7th Pay Commission
- Pending issues of Central Government Employees
- Meeting with the Committee on Allowances
- Meeting with the Staff Side (JCM) on the recommendations of the 7th CPC and their implementation
- Brief of the meeting held today with the Cabinet Secretary (Government of India)
- Brief of the meetings held between the Staff Side (JCM) and Official Side
- Meetings with 7th CPC and Cabinet Secretary – NC JCM Staff Side
- National Council Staff Side Secretary writes to Cabinet Secretary on 7th Pay Commission
- Second Meeting of Group of Senior Officers to discuss the grievances arising out of recommendations related to 7th Central Pay Commission