Review of the Income criteria for the dependent parents of Government Employees
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint Consultation Machinory
For Central Government Employees
13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi-110001
E Mail: [email protected]
Shiva Gopal Mishra
Dated: September 26,2019
Government of India
Ministry of Health and family welfare
Sub: Review of the Income criteria for the dependent parents of Government Employees in the wake of the recent legislation of “Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior citizens Act 2007”.
The above demand was discussed as Item No.23 of the Standing Committee meeting of the National Council (JCM) held on 07.03.2019. The extract from the minutes of the above meeting is given below for your kind reference.
‘Staff side Requested to consider removing the enactment of the above act by the Parliament, to enable the dependent of Govt, employees to avail medical treatment, since the act has made it mandatory for the Children to care for their parents at the old age. The CAT Ernakulam Bench has given a judgment in this regard.
Chairman desired that the Min, of Health may review this issue.’
The Ministry of Health have not yet taken a favorable decision to implement the above provisions of the “Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act 2007”. It is therefore requested that since the CAT Ernakulam Judgment was already implemented for the petitioner it is requested that General Government order may please to be issued for extending the benefit of the above Act to all the Central Government employees.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Related to Your Search:
- CGHS – Medical benefits to dependent parents of Central Government Employees
- Implementation of income criteria for dependent parents of Armed Forces Personnel for grant of two family pensions
- Grant of Family pension to dependent parents of deceased Armed Forces Personnel
- Raise Income Tax Exemption Slab to Rs. 5 Lakhs: NC JCM Staff Side
- Raising of exemption limit for Income Tax and exemption of all allowances from Income Tax: NC JCM writes to Finance Minister
- Government to come up with national policy for senior citizens soon
- BPMS Reply to the 7th Pay Commission Questionnaire
- Budget 2019 : Income Tax exemption limit raised to Rs. 5 lakh
- Relief to Senior Citizens: Exemption of Interest Income on deposits increased to Rs 50,000